Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Queen of the Castle" Reminder

If you are joining in on the reading of this weekly devotional, we'll be starting the first week in January.  I think I'm going to be posting on Tuesday, because that seems to be a good day for me.

If anyone has any suggestions on the read-a-long please let me know.  Do we each want to do our own post about our thoughts from each chapter?  How would you like to do it?  Leave a comment with any ideas!



The book contains "52 weeks of encouragement for the uninspired, dometically challenged or just plain tired homemaker."

Does this sound like you?  Would you like to do this study with me? 

Here's the book description from Amazon:

Being a keeper of the home demands that women possess a wide range of skills, from knowing what to do with a pound of ground round to being able to corral a rampant toddler and manage the carpooling schedule. Says author Lynn Walker, "By the time most of us realize we're a few towels short of a load in our homemaking skills, we're up to our thighs in dirty little soccer uniforms and don't have time to read a different book for each part of the job." Now the training, skills and tips every woman needs are all here in one delightful-to-read volume. From mothering to marriage, gardening to grilling, family vacations to flea markets, time management to Thanksgiving meals, chores and chocolate breaks, spiritual reminders and stress relievers, Walker presents "I've been there, sister" advice, recipes, ideas and funny stories for every woman who, like her, is NOT Homemaker of the Year. Five minutes a day, 52 weeks a year is all a woman needs to get the most of this inspiring, helpful read.
A few chapter titles are "Housework, Done Correctly Can Kill You" and "Trippity Doo-Dah:  The Family Vacation".

I've paged through the book and it looks great!  It contains quotes, specific prayer ideas, and key Bible verses.  There are even "Chocolate Breaks"!

So, if you'd like to follow along with me there's plenty of time to get the book.  Here is a link to buying it on Amazon or you can click the picture of the book at the top of the post.  You can buy it for as little as $0.90.

What do you think?  Are you in?  Do you want to be the Queen of Your Castle?  I know I do.

11 comments:

  1. I want to do it with you!! I'll order the book and be ready when January rolls around. I definitely need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this sounds like a GOOD PLAN! I'll join you too, just the sort of idea to get us moving! My Youngest remarked the other day: 'Mother you have issues, and some of them are dust related!' Is that a wake-up call????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really great. Is it mostly geared toward women with children at home or would it work for me to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to see if I can find the book!

    Deborah M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just ordered the book for .89 can't beat that price!

    Deborah M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're all joining in! I think it is going to be a wonderful resource.

    I can't wait to get started.

    I got my copy on Amazon for less than $1, too. What a great deal for a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristie- I think it would be good for Queens of all points in life.

    You can always use it to prepare for grandkids! I know you can't wait to be a grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Colletta,
    I hope you don't mind but I posted your post on my blog deborahsbutterflyjourney.blogspot.com  I thought this was such a great idea. Stop over and check it out at my blog. I've already got one person signed up to follow in January!

    Deborah M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I am looking into ordering a copy right now. This sounds like loads of fun!
    ruthaw_1974@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I'm in. Check out my post:

    http://mydevotionalthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/12/thoughtful-thursday-i-bought-some-new.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.