Friday, July 16, 2010

Book Review: "Hearts Awakening" by Delia Parr

Book Description:

With no means to support herself, Ellie Kilmer agrees to work as a housekeeper for the young widower who lives on Dillon Island, hopeful she can obtain a proper reference. But Jackson Smith quickly realizes that Ellie's presence may solve his own problems--both the rearing of his young boys and the scandal that surrounds his first marriage.

When a marriage of convenience is offered, Ellie is initially humiliated. Though she is past the age most women marry, she has more pride than to agree to his outlandish suggestion. Yet what options does she have? To marry would mean a home and stability. So despite the rumors circling Jackson and his first wife, Ellie accepts this unlikely proposal...

My Thoughts:

I read this book from cover to cover in one sitting until I finished it at 3:00am. I felt so good to get lost in a great book again!

The setting was original, the characters were interesting and even though marriage of convenience plots are pretty common this book was anything but common. It was full of conflicts and twists.

It was the best book I've read in quite a while. I'll definitely be looking for more from Delia Parr.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds good! I am always on the look out for a good read! Coming to you from the Ladys Bloggers Tea Part. Love your site! Your girls are adorable!! I have three (2boys and a girl) but they are out of the cute stage- Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog on Lady Bloggers tea Party! I'm a voracious reader and am always on the lookout for a new title or author - thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my kind of book. It's been awhile since I got lost in a easy to read fun book. All I seem to do lately is research for my blog or homeschooling. I need a good pleasure read. I'll be looking for this at my local library. I came by from the LBS tea party social.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in from LBS! And thanks for reminding me that I don't read (offline) nearly enough. Judging from your review, this one sounds like a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. read this one after reading your review!! loved it!! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.