Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Miller Homestead - Sewing Room

Probably my favorite room in our house is my Sewing Room. I'd say it is where I spend most of my free time.

One of the main reasons is that one corner of the room is also my "Office/Library". I haven't counted how many books are in my TBR pile lately. Probably around 100.
This is my Desk where I blog, check emails, pay bills, surf the net and make lists.
On the walls are Doll Quilts that I've received in numerous swaps.

This is my Design Wall. Currently on the wall is a Round Robin quilt that I need to put the next round on and ship it off to the next person. Isn't it beautiful?



This is my Work Station. My hubby put it together for me using old closet doors. You can see my cutting mat and rulers, ironing mat and my shelves that are overflowing. I don't know where I put all my stuff before I had this area. Under the counter are bins full of fabric.

My old Dining Room table is now my Sewing Table. The Industrial Sewing Machine is the one I used in my family's sewing shop when I was growing up. It is now an heirloom to pass down.

My new Brother Sewing Machine that I bought last summer with money I made from selling a customized quilt.


My Dress Form holding a shawl and some more Doll Quilts.


This Writing Desk was my mother-in-law's. She gave it to me before she passed away. This is one of my favorite possessions. I love everything stationary and enjoy sending hand-written notes. My BFF who lives 5 minutes away is my penpal. lol!


And that is my Sewing Room on a clean day. It won't look like that for long. Glad you didn't miss it!

2 comments:

  1. What a great sewing space! I love that old vintage industrial machine, I have a similar one in my workspace, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place to spend time. I would love to have a designated space for crafting. I'm working on it so maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.