Friday, July 2, 2010

Book Review: "The Choice" by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Lancaster County Secrets Book 1


Book Description:

With a vibrant, fresh style Suzanne Woods Fisher brings readers into the world of a young Amish woman torn between following the man she loves--or joining the community of faith that sustains her, even as she questions some of the decisions of her elders. Her choice begins a torrent of change for her and her family, including a marriage of convenience to silent Daniel Miller. Both bring broken hearts into their arrangement--and secrets that have been held too long. Filled with gentle romance, The Choice opens the world of the Amish--their strong communities, their simple life, and their willingness to put each other first. Combined with Fisher's exceptional gift for character development, this novel, the first in a series, is a welcome reminder that it is never too late to find your way back to God.

My Thoughts:

I have to say that this is possibly my favorite Amish fiction that I have ever read.

Just when I thought I knew where the story was going, the author throws a twist and a turn and takes it a completely different direction.

I thought I knew what this story was going to be before I started reading it, but I was very wrong.

Great book! I'm looking forward to "The Waiting" , Book 2 in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.