Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bavaria Tirschenreuth Dogwood

I won this place setting on ebay last night. It was made in Germany and was part of the seller's Grandmother's estate. I'm not sure when it was manufactured.




The pattern is Bavaria Tirschenreuth Dogwood Pattern 1147. I think it is loverly.



I've been looking for a special tea cup to use at ladies teas. I found this set and won it for $5. It turned out that the seller had 6 more sets so I also won them for a total of $35 for 49 pieces.

I looked up replacement values for the pieces and according to that, I got a steal!

I can't wait to receive them. I hope they travel well and make it here safely.

5 comments:

  1. I hope they get to you safely, too!
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colletta, First of all, I love the scripture verse you put on your page. Acts 2:38. That's the true way, isn't it? I have a small set of the same pattern #ll41 Bavarian china, dogwood. It is a beautiful pattern. I think I have a service for four (basic) but I'm missing 1 cup and 1 saucer. I bought it for the same reason you did. The beautiful pattern, so delicate and pretty. Hope your new shipment gets there unbroken and all that you hope it will be.
    Sincerely,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they get to you safely, too! Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they get to you safely, too! Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the tea pot, the sugar bowl, the creamer set,4 small plates and 4 cups in this pattern...for sale. I haven't put it online yet. Let me know if you are interested in buying.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.