Thursday, January 2, 2014

Full Plate Thursday ~ Peanut Butter Brownies

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Miz Helen at Miz Helen's Country Cottage is such a sweetheart! 
She hosts Full Plate Thursday.  You can click the button to go share your recipes :)

~~~~~~~~~
I somehow ended up with about 4 boxes of brownie mix in my pantry so I did a search for recipes that could be made with brownie mixes.  I'll be doing a little mini-series on what can be done with plain brownie mix to "spice" them up a bit.

First, is a recipe from Betty Crocker .  It turned out really well.  It was easy to make and VERY easy to eat :)




Peanut Butter Brownies

Brownie:

1 box brownie mix
   water, oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter (or creamy)
1 egg

Heat oven to 325F.

Grease bottom of the correct size cake pan.

Make brownie batter as directed on box.  Spread 3/4 of mix in pan.  Set remaining batter aside

In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, 1/3 cup peanut butter and 1 egg.  Spoon peanut butter mixture evenly onto brownie batter by tablespoonfuls.

Top with remaining brownie mix and cut through batter several times with a knife for marbled design.

Bake for 40 to 45 or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool completely.

Icing:

2/3 cup Betty Crocker vanilla icing
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 to 2 teaspoons milk

In a medium bowl, mix all icing ingredients with a spoon until smooth and spreadable.

Spread over brownies.

Note:  I used my homemade icing recipe.




Have a great Thursday!


11 comments:

  1. Oh my word... yummy!!! Who doesn't love PB & chocolate together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleta, these brownies sound so delicious- thanks for sharing the recipe! I love Full Plate Thursday- what a great idea you had to share it and link to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut butter brownies! YUM! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I have two boxes of brownies in my cupboard and I might have peanut butter too! :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brownies look wonderful! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a delicious recipe I do hope they were tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THese look amazing!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Would love for you to come back over and share them at my link party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong combining peanut butter and chocolate. Thanks for the tip....
    Here from Miz Helens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peanut butter and chocolate are always a winning combo! Thanks for the brownie inspiration. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Colletta!
    It is so good to see you today, and of course your Peanut Butter Brownies look fabulous! Wish I could have one of those right now. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with us today here at Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.