Thursday, January 25, 2024

My Weekly Bookishness ~ 1/26/2024


All things bookish!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I Read:


I did it!  I actually finished a book!  You can read my REVIEW HERE :)

~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Reading:


Blurb:

Sam and Brody remind each other of what they want to forget—bad relationships and broken hearts.

Sam lost her career and her boyfriend on the same day. Needing an escape, she makes a radical decision—leave the big city for a small town, get a regular job, and take a break from men and romance.

Brody is picking up the pieces after divorce. He’s hoping for a fresh start in the small community of Maple Cove. Instead, he’s forced to co-manage a failing animal hospital with Sam, who seems ready to hate him on sight.

Watch two people learn to face their fears and love again in this sweet, small-town enemies to happily-ever-after romance.

Small Town Shepherd is the first book in the sweet romance series Maple Cove Dog Lover’s Society.

First Lines:

Sam pushed through the door into the empty scrub room.

56%/Page 56

Aramis was a joyful and spirited animal.  She couldn't say the same when she finally looked up at the man holding his leash.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'll (Probably) Read Next:


Blurb:

A Beauty and the Beast retelling…

A woman with a secret, a recluse, and a marriage of convenience.

For over a year Isabeau Daniels lived in fear of a stalker. Now, with him in jail, she’s ready to start fresh in Dallas as a housekeeper for Rowan Masters—a well known lawyer and recluse.

A car accident left Rowan Masters burned—both physically and emotionally. He’s spent the last twelve years hiding in his family home—and now, to keep his home he’s forced to marry.

Isabeau loves the feeling of safety that Rowan’s mansion offers, and he needs a wife. When a marriage of convenience turns into something more, can they leave behind the nightmare of the past and find the beauty in loving each other?


~~~~~~~~

Book Haul:

  


   ~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop:

Q. How long have you gone without reading? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A. I've gone a year without reading fiction.  The above "Keegan" by Lori Wilde was the first fiction book I've read since January 2023.

~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~


Bookishly Yours,


Linking up to: 

   


https://www.coffeeaddictedwriter.com/

http://www.fredasvoice.com/  http://www.rosecityreader.com/


18 comments:

  1. All of the books you mentioned look like interesting stories. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books do grab me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to meet Aramis. Good dogs are the best and make great characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small Town Shepherd sounds like fun.

    Welcome back to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH wow the reading genre you seem to love is one i cannot STAND!! hahaha Isn't it funny how different people like different genres?? i cannot stand the sappy romances. My mother loved them. I prefer dramas or mysteries and historical fiction. But good for you for reading for pleasure. I wish more people did that instead of spouting off on social media. We are a family of avid readers and I'm so thankful for that. My husband likes history books (I bought him Hamilton for Xmas) and Science Fiction; oldest girl is like me; youngest girl likes Russian classics (she studied russian from grades 5-12 and minored in it in college) along with 18th-20th century classics. she also reads some contemp dramas. Reading is wonderful!! Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember the longest period I have gone without reading. It was probably when I was working on my Master's degree, but it wasn't a year...I can't imagine. I hope you enjoy all of these and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small Town Shephard sounds good! I like the excerpts you shared. Yay for finishing a book! There are times I struggle with getting much reading done and other times I can't seem to stop. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a long time to go without fiction! Thanks for sharing your post on Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first line together with the blurb for Small Town Shepherd sounds good.

    I enjoy a Beauty and the Beast retelling so I hope that that is a good one!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/01/26/first-line-friday-the-antique-hunters-guide-to-murder-by-c-l-miller/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading The Holiday Stand-In by Kortney Keisel. It's really cute so far!
    "I've never been in this position where doing the right thing feels wrong."
    I hope you have a great weekend full of fun reading. 🙂📚

    ReplyDelete
  11. In answer to your question: I once went several months without reading, and when I started again I couldn’t get into it, and feared I had lost the ability. But it wasn’t that — it was a bad choice of books! Never return to reading with a novel by D.H.Lawrence, I discovered.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like some fun new books -- hope you enjoy once you get to them! Which is always my problem, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy re-tellings of the Beauty and the Beast. I hope that one works for you. Yay for reading a novel! I read almost nothing that wasn't assigned for the four years that I was an undergraduate. But I've managed to keep reading since then, even through two master's degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. A year is a long time to go without reading fiction. I understand your delight at finally finishing a book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marrying the Beast sounds pretty good! When my kids were babies I didn't have a lot of time for reading so I probably when weeks at a time. A year is a long time, glad you are reading again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice looking books! Congrats on finishing one. The longest I've gone without reading can be measured in hours. I'm always reading something. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hated reading when I was a kid, so I only read when school forced me to. I'm not sure how long I've gone without books as an adult. Maybe a few days?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I can't imagine going a year with no fiction reading. Although I guess there were years with little children when I had a long book drought. Once they reached their teens I was back to reading.
    All of your books look like nice romance reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.