Sunday, January 21, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 1/22/2024


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and Happy Monday!

I start my new job on February 12th!  I need to get back into a good routine of getting to bed at a decent time and waking up early in the morning.  I also need to work on a new schedule for my daily activities.  Any tips would be appreciated!

The weather outside is:

It is getting warmer!!  I won't even mind the rain as long as the temperatures are above freezing!

(I don't know what that little symbol on Tuesday is:)




On today's to-do list: 

~Figure out a new routine as mentioned above.  I need to print out more pages for my weekly schedule/calendar so I might as well get my thoughts together as to what I want to be doing once I'm back to working outside the home along with my household tasks.

~Clean...again.  It is never ending with these animals :)

Happening this week:

~I have to get a pre-employment physical on Tuesday.  Hope I pass!

~Laken doesn't have school on Friday so I'm not sure what we might get into.  Her 17th birthday is February 2nd and she requested going snowboarding!  I need to do some research.

Currently reading:

~I picked "Keegan" by Lori Wilde to try to kick-start my reading.  I want to try to read for at least 15 minutes each day.  This book looked like one that would be good to start with :)


Watching:

NFL Playoff games.

Hallmark Winter (not Christmas) movies

Youtube videos from a few favorites

On the menu today:

Beef Stew, Biscuits

In the Craft Basket:

I've been making baby octupus for in my etsy shop.  They are supposed to really help preemie babies especially those in the NICU.  The tentacles help the littles ones from pulling at their tubes and lines.  It supposedly helps with breathing also but I'm not quite sure how that works.  I'll have to do some more research.


Picture from the Camera


I made this cute little Valentine cup cozy.  I have a giveaway going on for a cup cozy AND a $25 STARBUCKS Gift Card.  CLICK HERE t see how to enter ;)

Bible Verse

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety."  Psalm 4:8

Have a great Monday!

Colletta

6 comments:

  1. ooh I love this post. I taught special ed preK full time outside the home raising my 2 daughters (with oldest girl I was a SAHM from when she was 2-7). what helped me stay organized was our write on/wipe off whiteboard that was magnetic for the fridge. I had a different color for each person in the family. Youngest girl was purple, oldest was blue, mine was red and dave's was black. Church events were green. Example: Claire had ballet every M-Thr so that was written in purple If youth group was on a thursday, that was written in green, etc. That approach really worked for us. We were a busy family with multiple extracurricular activites.

    I also commited to just cleaning ONE room a day after work and after my work out of walking or biking or yoga etc, while dinner cooked. Often I would use a slow cooker especially on days i knew it was gonna be busy. Minus a few years due to where ballet or equestrian classes fell, we ate almost every single dinner together as a family. it wasn't a choice. it was expected.
    GOOD luck with the new job. that is exciting and it sounds like your daughter is old enough to help out with those daily chores. Mine took turns emptying the dishwasher, dusting their own bedrooms, doing their own laundry from grade 8 until they went off to college, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on new job. And your octopus is so cute.And a great coffee cup cozies. Have a great week 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new job! You'll be great! I find it's usually pretty easy to fall into a regular going to bed/getting up early routine once I've worked a week or two. Of course, I also try to stay pretty steady even when I'm not working by still getting up early and going to bed around the same time. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I LOVE that little octopus! That is adorable!!! Who are you rooting for in the playoffs? I've been surprised at how many ladies in HHM are football fans! I don't feel so alone, even though my Panthers were downright shameful this year lol.
    With you, I really need to get a better routine. I'm working on a new years resolution post and that is one of mine as well!! It's easier for me to keep a routine when its warm outside, the cold makes me want to stay in and just keep warm lol. It's really cold in your part of the world!
    I hope your girl has a great birthday! I also have a 17 year old :) She's not much on winter sports but she does love riding horses :) Having a 17 year old daughter is such a joy!
    Congrats on the new job! I hope you love it! I enjoyed catching up with you today!Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new job! Getting back into a work routine, sometimes is hard, but once you do it a bit, it will all fall into place and seem like 2nd nature. Love that octopus! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job! is it the one at the bank? I've heard of those octopusses for premies, they are cute! Have a good week

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.