Monday, January 15, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 1/15/2024


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and Happy Monday!

I think I have a job being offered to me soon at our local hospital.  (Well, it is about 30 minutes away but that is local to us :)  If or when it comes about, I'm hoping to continue blogging and creating.  I'll have to get on a new daily schedule as I've been off work for about 3 months now.  If you work outside the home full-time and are a Happy Homemaker as well, how do you fit it all in?

The weather outside is:

Very cold and windy!  It isn't supposed to get out of the 20F's this week.


On today's to-do list: 

~Laken wants to go shopping since she doesn't have to do schoolwork because of the holiday.  I may take her if it isn't too nasty out.  I'd like to spend some quality time with her especially since I'm hopefully going back to work soon.

~Clean.  I got the hot spot table cleaned last week.  This week my goal is to get a few other areas organized and also clean the floors.  They are a mess from the dogs tracking in.

Happening this week:

~I'd really like to get my hair done and "possibly" my nails done this week.  Maybe today while Laken and I are out and about.

Currently reading:

~I'm still doing well with my Bible Reading Plan.  I still haven't picked up any other books to read.  I'm looking for recommendations if you have any.  

Watching:

I'm glad to say that Hallmark has new movies that aren't Christmas movies.  I love a good Christmas movie, but I'm ready for something else.

We started watching the National Treasure series on Disney.  So far, so good :)

I might watch the Steeler/Buffalo game this afternoon since it was postponed.

On the menu today:

Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup

In the Craft Basket:

I'm working on a Valentine Bear and a Preemie Octopus.

Picture from the Camera


Kaylee claimed this large octopus I made this week.  It turned out larger than I thought it would :)

Bible Verse

"God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness."  Genesis 1:4

Have a great Monday!

Colletta

5 comments:

  1. I love the octopus. I highly suggest that you read Just Once by Karen Kingsbury. Such a good book! hope you and your daughter have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun octopus! Good luck on your job. Honestly, I'm not sure how people work full-time and blog unless they use part of their weekends, maybe it depends on the job? On the weeks I work full-time at preschool, I tend to struggle. Maybe you'll have better time management skills than me though. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant crocheted octopus. That's awesome, I really like it. Thanks for sharing the Bible verse. Personally, I follow various reading plans on YouVersion. I love variety.

    Thanks for the Hallmark idea. I enjoy watching Christmas movies when my stress level is high. Things always work out in movies. But sometimes, I feel a bit guilty for choosing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Octopus is super! Hope you get the job. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. The octopus is amazing! I love it. Best of luck with the new job. I have worked full-time for all the years (on and off) that I have been posting here. Sometimes I did it all by myself and the weekly sit down and planning here was helpful. Now I work from home full time and I have help with the cleaning and cooking. To everything there is a season!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.