Sunday, January 7, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 1/8/2024


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and Happy Monday!

How was your first week of 2024?

The weather outside is:

When does Spring start?  Obviously not this week.  I was to have an interview for a part time bank teller position on Tuesday, but the hubby is making me try to reschedule due to the weather :(  I sent an email to the HR contact.  I hope it won't be a deal breaker!


On today's to-do list: 

~I need to make a trip to the post office to send out an etsy order.  I was so excited to wake up Saturday morning with an order for the Dr. Seuss inspired baby blanket!  The buyer emailed me and said that his daughter is due within the next few weeks and has worked really hard to decorate the baby's room in a Dr. Seuss theme and that it was a blessing finding the blanket.  I love getting messages like that!

~Clean.  The family room has a few "hot spots" that need attention really badly.  There is a table that is a catch all and it is over flowing with STUFF.  I really would like to get it organized.

Happening this week:

~As I mentioned above, possibly an interview...sometime...for a part time position.  Last week, on Wednesday, I had an interview for a fulltime HR Assistant position but I haven't heard anything back.

~Laken missed school pictures and is quite upset at the thought of having a blank space in the year book where her picture is to be.  I made arrangements with the photographer to meet at their office (an hour away) so that they can take her picture.  That appointment is Thursday at 2pm.  It is her Junior year, so I can understand why she wants to be in the year book.

Currently reading:

~I'm doing well with my Bible Reading Plan and Scripture Writing Plan.  Other than that, I'm really in a reading slump.  I've been spending my spare time working on my etsy shop.  I do need to take a break from reality sometimes though so I want a really good book to dig into.

Watching:

Other than a few football games this weekend, I haven't watched much TV.  I have been watching youtube videos of a few favorite content creators.  How to Faith a Life and Elise Rose Crochet are a few of my favorites.

Listening to:


On the menu today:

Creamed Chip Beef Gravy over Biscuits

In the Craft Basket:

I've made a few more amigurumi toys.  Laken requested a bee and Kaylee requested a bunny.  I haven't gotten the courage to add any to my shop yet, as I feel that I still need more practice.  All I can see are the imperfections.  I've worked a bit more on the Think Pink Prayer Shawl and would like to get it finished this week.  I've also made a few Love Letter Book Covers and listed them in my shop.  I think they are really cute and can't wait to make more in different variations.





Picture from the Camera

I'm going to go out of my comfort zone and show you the bee and bunny I made for my girls.  I had a lot of fun making them and learned a ton.



Bible Verse

"The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.  Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light."  Genesis 1:2-3

Have a great Monday!

Colletta

5 comments:

  1. I think all your crafts look wonderful! That bee is really cute. I think the bank would be understanding considering the weather warnings. Hopefully, it all works out and you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute amigurumis... but especially love the love letter covers, had never seen that. Hope all turns out well for whichever job you really want. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Friend! You are so talented and I think you should absolutely put those makes in your shop. I dream of having an etsy shop too - scrapbook related...and also some related to the hospice work I do. Stay tuned on that maybe one day. :)
    That song by Phil is beautiful! The Christian station here is my favorite on the radio. Blessings on the rest of your week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how much you share in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Colletta! I love the little bee and bunny! Sew fun! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.