Thursday, March 10, 2022

Tea Time ~ 3/10/2022


 
Grab a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate or your favorite drink
while I share a few things about my life lately...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
~We are all a little bit obsessed with our kittens.  They are doing well and are growing like weeds.  We decided to name the little girl Clover Sage and the little boy already had his name of Flynn Orion.  The dogs are adjusting well to their new little siblings.  In fact, I think Clover has adopted Lilah as her mother much to Lilah's chagrin!  Flynn is in love with Laken and goes where ever she is in the house.  Clover loves to sleep on the huge orthopedic dog bed, especially when she can stretch out by herself.  They are so funny to watch.  They are really starting to play with each other and rip and tear throughout the family room.  Here are some pics :)







~Laken had to write a "Shakespeare-ian" poem that had to be a certain length and have a certain number of syllables per line.  It was quite difficult even with me helping her.  (I hate poetry!  lol)  She decided that the theme was going to be "Family".  Here is her draft :)


The local VFW is having a fund drive and selling "Hometown Hero" banners that will be hung on the light poles throughout our little town.  The hubby's dad was in the Army during WWII and was stationed in Japan.  My dad was in the Army during Vietnam and was stationed in Germany.  We decided to sponsor a banner for each of our dads.  I'm so proud of them both!



~Laken was down to the wire on deciding about her schooling next year.  Finally, after much consideration, she has decided to go to vo-tech for Biotechnology.  She will have three periods worth of Biotech each day then go to the High School for the remainder of her classes.  She will still be taking Geometry, Biology and all the major academic courses but won't have "filler" electives.  Please pray for her and us that we can continue to make headway with her migraines and abdominal migraines.  Going lactose-free seems to be helping with stomachaches and pain but I think there is still something (Maybe IBS???) going on.  I'm go call the gastro doc in two weeks to let them now how she is doing.  I guess we'll go from there.

~Don't forget to SPRING FORWARD Saturday night!!!  I can't wait :)
 
How was your week?

 
Colletta

3 comments:

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.