Friday, March 11, 2022

Sewing Saturday ~ 3/12/2022 ~ Bundt Cake


I'm going to be featuring my sewing, crocheting and crafting projects on Saturdays.  Some weeks this will include a finished project, a FNSI or FNWF or just a WIP.

~~~~~~~~

I'm going to try to sew at least one block a week in the Pat Sloan sew-along called "Sweet Dreams". I'm using the fabrics below:


~~~~~~~~~~

Here is my version of the 9th Sweet Dreams Block:  Bundt Cake.  Sorry the picture is sideways!


This block was fairly easy as I decided to use some of my solid colors.


And here are the nine, inner blocks sewn together.  I messed around with the placement of the blocks and this was my final decision.


My favorite Bundt Cake is a Harvest Bundt Cake with a Homemade Caramel Glaze!  Yummo!


You can find the patterns at www.ilovetomakequilts.com .



Colletta

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Bundt Cake block! The nine blocks look great, I love how the light grey makes unity.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that block, and the blocks look great together! I still remember the first Bundt cake I ever had. It was made by my Mom's best friend, and she called it a Sock It To Me cake. Mom and I were SO impressed - lol!
    Thanks for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks look fabulous together! My favorite bundt cake is a hot milk sponge cake with vanilla glaze. May have to make one soon. Thanks for linking up today ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made a sweet block!!! Love how you put the star in the middle of the 9 blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very fun project. I like how you balanced the grays across the quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your version of the sweet dreams blocks. The combination of the reds and blues with the grays are great. I am enjoying making these blocks as well. Her instructions are great and have solid measurements and good illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I like it!!
    but you keep making me hungry haha!!
    THis will be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.