Sunday, March 13, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 3/14/2022


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and Happy Monday!

The weather outside is:

Last Sunday I wore capris and sandals.  This Sunday I should have worn snow boots but I refused.  Thankfully most of the snow has melted and the temperatures are looking lovely for the week ahead :)


On today's to-do list: 

I have a nice, quiet day of cleaning planned.

Happening this week:

Tuesday, Laken is finally getting her MRI that was ordered by her neurologist in January.  Just a routine check to make sure there is no ominous reason for her migraines.  It will also be my turn to lead the discussion for the Kindred Readers Book Club of "What the Wind Knows".  Loved that book!

Wednesday the next installment of the Sweet Dreams quilt block pattern will be coming out!  

Thursday should be a nice quiet day at home.

Friday is is our 22nd anniversary of our first date!  I can't believe I've been with the hubby longer than without him!  Laken has a "90's Skate Night" with friends at the roller rink.  I was a teen in the 90's.  Can't believe they are having a 90's themed skate night!  I find it quite hilarious :)

Saturday is Family Day.  We'll be spending the afternoon with our Church family at the bowling alley!  I haven't decided if I'm going to bowl or just watch.  I guess I'll see if I'm in the "mood".

Currently reading:
 

On the TV:

Not much this week...

Listening to:

This week for "Songs on Sunday" I featured The Commission by Cain.  I hope you'll check it out :) 

On the menu today:

Irish Stew, Broccoli, Oranges

In the Craft Basket:

This past week I worked on the "Sweet Dreams" sew along by Pat Sloan at www.ilovetomakequilts.com .  I finished block 9 called Bundt Cake.  I also have been working on hand quilting Mom's Blue and White Quilt.  And I spend Friday/Saturday cutting up all my Pioneer Woman Fabrics into 5" "Charm Squares".


Picture from the Camera

Laken and me getting a "selfie" :)
Memory Verse

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

Have a great Monday!


Colletta

7 comments:

  1. Happy Monday! Love your block and the gorgeous selfie! Have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great selfie! Thanks for sharing and linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the MRI goes well. My son just had one two weeks ago -- for ringing in his ear not migraines. He handled it like a champ. I usually refuse to switch back to winter boots once my flip flops come out too (thought I will defer to a close toed shoe when I HAVE to). LOL. Glad your weather looks so much nicer for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the MRI goes well. Did you wear your sandals in the snow? Ha. I totally get the refusal to wear the snow boots again. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Monday! I love the quilt block. I bought some new fabric a few months ago and need to start quilting again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all went well with the MRI. I remember the time when I also thought... wow more time with dh than with my own family! weird!
    Have a great rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great verse to hang on to. I rely on that verse quite a lot in my life.
    That's a great book to read too! :) Hope all went well with your MRI.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.