Thursday, March 17, 2022

My Weekly Bookishness ~ 3/18/2022


All things bookish!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I Read:


You can read my REVIEW HERE!

~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Reading:


Blurb:

It's first the story of two women in the 1980s, of gray-headed Mrs. Threadgoode telling her life story to Evelyn, who is in the sad slump of middle age. The tale she tells is also of two women-of the irrepressibly daredevilish tomboy Idgie and her friend Ruth, who back in the thirties ran a little place in Whistle Stop, Alabama, a Southern kind of Cafe Wobegon offering good barbecue and good coffee and all kinds of love and laughter, even an occasional murder. 

First Lines:

December 15, 1985

Evelyn Couch had come to Rose Terrace with her husband, Ed, who was visiting his mother, Big Momma, a recent but reluctant arrival.

56%/Page 56

As she gathered her purse with shaky hands and pounding heart, the others looked at her in sympathy, and one woman touched her arm; but they were secretly relieved that it had not been them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'll (Probably) Read Next:


Blurb:

One decision changed his life. 

Nathan Hollister nearly died in a war zone and the experience made one thing crystal clear—breaking off his engagement was a terrible mistake. He arrives at his ex’s ranch to make amends, but gunfire erupts before he can. 

Someone wants her dead. 

Cassie Miles is used to being abandoned, first by her mother and then Nathan. But when an attempt is made on her life, she can’t protect herself and the horses she’s rehabilitating. Accepting Nathan’s help is the only answer.   

A hazardous mission. 

Nathan won’t let anyone harm Cassie. Convincing her to give him a second chance, however, is impossible. As the danger creeps closer, the risk heightens. One critical error could cost Nathan everything…again. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Book Haul:
 


   ~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop:

Q.   Do you think listening to an audiobook instead of reading the print version makes it more difficult to write a review? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

A.  I can't really answer as I've never listened to an audiobook.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bookishly Yours,


Linking up to: 

   


https://www.coffeeaddictedwriter.com/

http://www.fredasvoice.com/  http://www.rosecityreader.com/


14 comments:

  1. I feel like I added this book to my list many moons ago but I'll be checking! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE listening to audiobooks. I never used to but I have found I can listen and do so many things. Have a great weekend. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/03/first-line-friday-43-to-marry-earl.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your current read looks interesting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first line is from A Strike To The Heart by Danielle Grandinetti :
    Friday, November 13, 1933. Northern, Wisconsin

    Miles Wright pressed his eye to the A5 telescopic sight attached to his Springfield long-range rifle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the horse on those two Isaacson covers! My first line is from Malicious Intent by Lynn H. Blackburn. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/03/18/malicious-intent/
    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Listening to an audiobook makes it much more difficult for me to write a review. I like doing an audiobook/real book combination.

    Fannie Flagg is fantastic. I enjoyed everything of Flagg's I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these books sound wonderful. I love cowboy stories. Hope you enjoy all your books this week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2022/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read a couple of Fannie Flagg books. I love the movie of Fried Green Tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll Start Again on Monday sounds like a good read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice looking assortment of books. The only problem I've found in reviewing audiobooks is that I don't have a quote to include with the review. Also, since I read and listen to a lot of fantasy, spelling the names of people and places can be a challenge. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your book choices. I love audiobooks. I have learned to keep a running file for review notes especially if I need to note extra characters or reactions. That helps with the review writing whether ebook or audio.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your new books! I listen to audiobooks and blog about them. I do have to look up how to spell the characters' names because audiobooks don't help with that!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.