Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday 9 ~ Endless Summer ~ 7/20/13





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ENDLESS SUMMER




Thanks to Kwizgiver for recommending The Beach Boys

1) The best-selling Beach Boys album of all time is this two disc greatest hits compilation. Do you have favorite Beach Boys song?



2) The original members of the group were the Wilson brothers, their cousin Mike and a friend from the neighborhood. Have you ever worked with a family member?

Yes, I have more than once.  I worked with my grandmother, mom and aunts when I was growing up in their craft shop.

3) Originally released in the mid-1970s, Endless Summer was one of the first fast-selling albums sold on TV. Have you ever picked up the phone and purchased anything directly from TV?

Actually, I don't think I ever have!

4) The Beach Boys are very popular in Australia. Have you ever been Down Under?

No, I haven't, but I would love to someday.

5) Actor John Stamos played bongos on the Beach Boys' hit, "Kokomo." In his younger days, Stamos was Blackie on the daytime drama, General Hospital. Have you ever followed a soap opera?

I watched "Days of Our Lives" for years and even DVR'd it so I would miss any episodes.  I stopped watching when it got over-the-top.

6) Many Beach Boys songs revolve around the surf. How are you on a surf board?

I don't know because I've never been on one.  My guess would be pretty bad.  lol

7) Would you prefer summer to be endless? Or do you enjoy the changing seasons? 

I prefer the changing seasons.  It is a good thing I live in PA :)

8) Do your summer 2013 plans include a trip to a waterpark?

We are planning a trip to a small theme park that includes a waterpark.  Can't wait :)

9) Describe your swimsuit.

It has shorts and a long top.  Maybe someday I'll be able to comfortably wear a fashionable swimsuit again.



7 comments:

  1. Working in a craft shop sounds like fun. Its kind of surprising to me the number of people that have worked with relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really hooked on Days, too, and stopped watching when it got too far out. (Demonic possession was just tooo over the top for me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't miss winter, at my age it is time starting thinking about heading south when the snow starts coming down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww you are in PA! I am in Youngstown Ohio! Small world. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about soaps going a bit over the top

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember The Beach Boys. :)

    Where do you live in PA? We may have talked about it, and I "think" I remember you live close to me.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your answer to #6 mirrors my thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.