Monday, July 15, 2013

Homemaker Monday ~ 7/15/13

Come join Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Weather...

A sunny 72F and promising to be a beautiful day!

Right Now I Am...

Trying to get some umption in my gumption to get some work done today.  Need more caffeine....

Thinking...

Of my to-do list.

On My Reading Pile...

Short-Straw Bride


I started this book last night and easily could have stayed up until I finished it if I hadn't been so tired.  There are two more books by Karen Witemeyer on my shelf so I think I'll read them in a row.

On My TV...


On my DVR, waiting for me to watch it :)  Still...

What I Found While Surfing the Net...

Photo: My Mom-in-Law is Amish. She's an awesome person and incredible baker. This is the homemade Little Debbie cookie recipe she uses. It's her son and my hubby's favorite.

BEST DEBBIE COOKIES

1 c. butter-flavored shortening or margarine 
3 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoon soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3 c. quick oats (uncooked)

Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one is added. Beat in vanilla. Sift together salt, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour. Add the flour mixture and quick oats to the creamed mixture. Bake at 350 9-11 minutes. Do not allow cookies to get golden brown. Bake cookies until they look set on top. This is an easy cookie to over bake so be careful. 

Filling:
3 egg whites, beaten stiff
4 teaspoons flour
3 teaspoons vanilla
6 Tablespoons milk
1 c. shortening
4 c. powdered sugar

Beat egg whites until stiff. Add milk, flour, vanilla and 2 c. of the powdered sugar. Beat and then add shortening. Add the remaining 2c. powdered sugar and beat really well. 

SIMPLY THE BEST!

BEST DEBBIE COOKIES

1 c. butter-flavored shortening or margarine 
3 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoon soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3 c. quick oats (uncooked)

Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one is added. Beat in vanilla. Sift together salt, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour. Add the flour mixture and quick oats to the creamed mixture. Bake at 350 9-11 minutes. Do not allow cookies to get golden brown. Bake cookies until they look set on top. This is an easy cookie to over bake so be careful.

Filling:
3 egg whites, beaten stiff
4 teaspoons flour
3 teaspoons vanilla
6 Tablespoons milk
1 c. shortening
4 c. powdered sugar

Beat egg whites until stiff. Add milk, flour, vanilla and 2 c. of the powdered sugar. Beat and then add shortening. Add the remaining 2c. powdered sugar and beat really well. 



On the Menu This Week...

Monday:  Pancakes, Bacon, Eggs
Tuesday:  Pork Chops, Buttered Noodles, Broccoli, oranges
Wednesday: Fellowship
Thursday:  Ham, Fried Potatoes, Green Beans, apples
Friday:  Pizza
Saturday:  Out
Sunday:  Fellowship

We went way off menu last week, so I'm able to keep it almost same for this week.

On My To Do List...

Today:  Laundry
Tomorrow:  Get craft items together for VBS
Wednesday:  Take the girls to the lake
Thursday:  Bills and grocery list
Friday:  Grocery shopping

In the Craft Basket...

Nothing started at the moment.

Looking Forward To This Week...

Going to the Lake and watching the girls swim while I read a good book.

Looking Around the House...

I see piles and piles of laundry.  Other than that it isn't too bad right now.  Amazing!

From the Camera...

We went camping Friday along the Potomac River.  We're hoping to go again in a few weeks.

Doug, Kaylee and Laken relaxing in the hammock.

Our tent

A cute little cabin we saw while walking along the river.


On My Prayer List...

Motivation and determination to get healthier, VBS that is coming up soon, to have the commitment to read my Bible more as challenged in Church yesterday.

Bible Verse, Devotional...

"I do not consider that I have made it on my own; but this one thing I do:  forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press o toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:13-14





3 comments:

  1. Stopping by via Sandra's blog. I think I would enjoy the book you are reading. I am going to put it on my wish list.

    Looking forward to stopping by to visit again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through Sandra's blog. I will have to look for the book you are reading. It looks really good.

    I LOVE Major Crimes! I record it every week.

    Have a great week. I look forward to stopping by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read that book and I loved it. I'll have to find the others by Karen, I will definitely enjoy those too ::)

    Yummy menu.

    Hope you're having a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.