Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Weigh-In Wednesday ~ 2/1/17

 
My inspiration:
 
Commit whatever you do to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.
 
Proverbs 16:3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I almost quit on Friday night.

My introductory three month membership was almost over and I needed to decide whether to continue my membership on a monthly basis.

When I started Weight Watchers in the beginning of November, I told myself and my husband that I would see how it went for the first three months and then decide if it was worth the money I'd be spending.

Friday night was "Discussion Night".

I was feeling very down about my progress in January and was thinking that maybe I should just give up.  That it wasn't worth the mental anguish of not succeeding AGAIN....

I had a nice long talk with the hubby about my feelings and thought process.

As I was talking through it with him, I realized that I had lost over 16 pounds!  That was some major progress!  Maybe I did have a rough January in the weight loss spectrum but overall my average was still a loss of 1.5 pounds a week!

After much deliberation I decided that I needed to either COMMITT or QUIT.

No more giving in to the snacks and choosing not to exercise.  I had to be ALL in or QUIT!

I chose to COMMITT!!!!!

I didn't want all the progress that I've made to be for nothing.  I wanted to keep going.  I want to lose more weight and get healthier.  I want to be a success story.

It was a defining moment for me in my journey.

Right then and there, I decided I would go to my meeting the next day.  I would face the music of whatever the scales would say.  I would get back on track with my eating.  I would exercise, even if I didn't feel like it.  I would keep doing the harder thing!

And guess what??

I had lost 1.4 pounds when I weighted in at my Meeting the next morning!  It was just what I needed to motivate me and help me know I had made the right decision  :)

Now, I only have 1.8 pounds to lose to reach my next mini-goal of 20 pounds lost!  I'm so excited!

What a roller coaster ride of emotions!

My week's stats:

Weigh-in:  -1.4 lbs.  Total:  -18.2 lbs.

Exercise: 70 minutes.  I've already got more than that in the past two days!

Tracking:  so-so....  I must have done alright with my eating even though I didn't track everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with IntentionPeaches and Salt, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman, Classical Homemaking , Wow Us Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you and great news! Almost 20 pounds, that's awesome, slow and steady is the way to go. My 12.5 pounds sounds like a lot but I usually lose 5-7 pounds the first week of any new program and then aim for 1.5 to 2 pounds each week after that so I'm right on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colletta, you're doing great! I'm so glad you decided to commit! "Diets" don't work. You have to commit to a way of eating for life. You might be interested in reading my post about sugar. I don't ever put links to my blog in a comment, but in this case I hope it's okay! http://www.delightfulrepast.com/2016/09/sugar-toxin-or-treat.html I have a friend who is in Weight Watchers, and she is doing great, learning a lot, and she seems to be changing her whole relationship with food. It's exciting to see! Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you! What a great way of looking at this and thinking about your weight loss, I hope that you are soon at your next goal!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.