Thursday, February 16, 2017

Book Review ~ LFYI Annapolis Maryland by Roseanna M. White ~ 2/16/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 11349289
 
Blurb:
 
 In 1784 peace has been declared, but war still rages in the heart of Lark Benton. Never did Lark think she'd want to escape Emerson Fielding, the man she's loved all her life, but then he betrays her with her cousin. She flees to Annapolis, Maryland, the country's capital, and throws herself into a new circle of friends who force her to examine all she believes. Emerson follows, determined to reclaim his bride. Surprised when she refuses to return with him, he realizes that in this new country he has come to call his own, duty is no longer enough. He must learn to open his heart and soul to something greater... before he loses all he should have been fighting to hold.    

My Thoughts:
 
This book was so much fun to read!
 
I live about 15 minutes from Western Maryland so it was interesting to read about Maryland and some familiar places.
 
I hadn't read a book set in this time period for quite a while and I really enjoyed learning more about the United States following the War for Independence while the Nation's capital was Annapolis.
 
I was extremely entertained by the characters!
 
Emerson was a complete jerk in the beginning of the book and I loved to hate him.  I also loved seeing him change and learning to like him.
 
Lark led Emerson "merry chase" to winning her heart and didn't give it freely at first.
 
I enjoyed reading as their story played out.
 
I can't say that there has been a bad book in the entire "Love Find You In" series.  I look forward to reading another one soon!
 
 
 
For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Don't forget to sign up for the Favorite Color Swap by 2/28/17!!!

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/02/favorite-color-swap-reminder-ends-22817.html


 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

6 comments:

  1. I am into historical since last year so its always fun to find new books!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my this week's review on Accidently on Purpose by Jill Shalvis Here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that have a little bit of history. Sounds like a really good read! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fairly unique storyline that I'd enjoy reading! Thank you so much for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have a Christian historical fiction on hand to read when I go to bed. :) Thanks for sharing at Literacy Musing Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an excellent book of "Roseanna M. White". I love most books by Roseanna M. White http://aazae.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.