Friday, February 17, 2017

Tea Time ~ Valentines and Cozies ~ 2/17/17



Grab a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate or your favorite drink
while I share a few things that made me smile this week :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Last week was a not so good week for me.  I didn't even do a Tea Time post because I just couldn't find much to smile about.  A visit to the doctor and a tweak to my antidepressant and things are starting to look up :)  So how about some smiles!

~Valentine's Day!  Doug and I had our Valentine Date on Saturday.  We had a very nice time eating out and talking about all that is going on in our life right now.  On Tuesday, I had a meeting, so Doug took the girls out for a Daddy/Daughter Valentine Date to McDonald's.  They had their hearts set on a Shamrock Shake but they were all out!  Poor things :)


~The other morning I made the girls their breakfast and as they were eating I started packing their lunches.  I looked over at Laken and saw her reading a book while eating her egg!  Girl after my own heart :)


~As I wrote about in my Family Time post this week, the girls and I made chocolate chip cookies as Valentine gifts.  I always enjoy spending time with my girls, especially when we bake :)


~Laken's Cheer Pep Squad worked really hard to raise enough money to get new uniforms.  They finally were delivered and the cheerleaders were so excited!  Here's a picture of MY little cheerleader in her new uniform :)


~Cozy mysteries have been making me smile lately.  This week I read a book called "Buried in a Book" by Lucy Arlington.  I loved it!  Be watching for a review and giveaway soon :)

11509014

What made you smile this week?

Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!


 

15 comments:

  1. Lovely Five on Friday. Glad you're feeling a little better. I bet the cookies were really yummy. I've read that book - it's a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good valentines day. Sorry to hear that you haven't been so good otherwise hope the change to your meds does the trick. Take care of yourself. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are looking up this week! Sounds like everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Yay for the hard work to raise money for uniforms - it looks nice!

    barbarah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet your girls look! All the sunshine we've had this week has made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I didn't realize they sold Shamrock shakes prior to March, I need to look into that :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad things are looking up for you. Sweet cheerleader! Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that smile on your little cheerleader. It's obvious that she loves her new outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your sweet leader cheerleader made me smile. lucky you to have such a sweetie to cheer you. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad things are starting to feel better. Gosh they did well raising money for new uniforms. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good but hopefully you're on the mend now. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to hear you are feeling better. Laken is adorable ... baking, eating and cheerleading! Glad you got a date night to celebrate Valentine's Day. Have a fun filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this was a great post. I've had a rough couple of weeks also. Not getting as much posting done as I like.
    I am glad you were able to go to the doctor. I really do enjoy visiting you and I can't wait for the swap! Glad I got in!
    I would like to invite you to come and visit OurHolidayJourney.
    It's a theme post. Starting tomorrow Sunday I am featuring Warm Heart
    posts. And I think your post fits right in. Come over and visit.
    Here's the announcement about Warm Heart Week.
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/02/announcing-week-of-love.html
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a sweet Valentine's Day. Doing things with the family makes for wonderful memories. The cookies are a great idea. I love reading cozy mysteries - thanks for a new title to look up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that Spring is in the air I hope things start to look up for you. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What made me smile? Making reservations for a girl trip to Florida! Your post is a very Happy post! I enjoyed it.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.