Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The "Talk"

I just had the "Talk" with my daughter this evening.  Wow!  More awkward than I expected.

I think I covered everything.  If not, it can wait until she's older.  I was pleasantly surprised at how clueless she was.  I thought for sure that some details would have drifted down through other kids.

The 5th graders are going to be watching the "Movie" next Friday and the moms can come watch it with their daughters. 

Kaylee wants me to come.  I'm pretty sure most of the other girls don't want their moms to come.  She's a bit embarassed by everything and wants me there for support, I think.

How did you other moms handle this age and subject?  Any advice?

Anyway, I'm hoping to get back on my regular posting schedule.  I just can't seem to back into my routine.  Tomorrow is a stay home day except for Church in the evening.  Hopefully, I'll get on track because I have lots of recipes and craftiness to post about, not to mention 2 weeks worth of QOTC to catch up on.  Look for that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow..this is an interesting question... since we don't have children (not by choice) I'm not able to offer any advice... just be there for her. That she wants you to go says volumes about what a fabulous relationship you share...I'm sure she'll ask more questions when she's ready... good luck with it.

    Can't wait to see what goodies you will be sharing with us... I may not always comment but I often find your crafts inspiring and recipes mouth watering... xo HHL

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.