Monday, April 4, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


I had been seeing these stuffed cookies all over the place and knew that I had to try them for myself.

I used the recipe from http://www.beckybakes.net/.

These cookies were every bit as yummy as they look!  Scrumptious and I couldn't keep my hands off them.



But, they were kinda messy to make. At least the first tray was. The dough was a little too sticky to really get to go around the Oreo and I ended up with some monster cookies! I mean HUGE!

After that first batch came out of the oven looking like "Giant Cookies", I add some flour to make it easier to work with and was able to be more precise with encasing the Oreos in cookie dough.
They were still large, but not GIGANTIC. lol


Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour (Maybe a bit extra.  See above.)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 oz. bag chocolate chips
1 pkg Oreo cookies (use the real deal Oreos!)

Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Cream butter and sugars together until well combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Add flour, salt and baking soda until just combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Put a scoop of cookie dough on the top and bottom of the Oreo cookie and shape the dough around the Oreo.

Please onto linked cookie sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes or until golden brown.

Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

Share with family and friends.

Makes about 2 dozen VERY LARGE cookies.


You definitely need to give these a try.  They are very simple and very fun to make.  I felt like a kid with play dough again!

I've added a couple dozen of the cookies to my etsy shop.  Click HERE to go see!


Please see my left sidebar for all the great places I'll be linking to!

10 comments:

  1. ahhhh!!!!! i feel like the cookie monster right now - i just want to gobble them all up right this instant!

    thank you so much for linking up to mangia mondays!

    -kristin

    http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you attract readers that love cookies. I wonder if they would be interested in making money with cookie dough fundraiser? There are lots of high profit cookie dough fundraising ideas and most cookie dough fundraisers cost nothing to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look interesting. My stepsons would love these. Oreos are one of their favorites! And who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies! Glad I found this at the mangia mondays. Hope you have time to stop by and check out my recipe this week!
    www.busymomonthego.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are seriously NAUGHTY!!!!! I HAVE to make them!! How fun - and I love the idea of them being monsters!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I don't know if there's anything else to say but- wow. I dont' usually click on recipes but this one just lured me in. They look divine. I wonder, do the oreos end up a little softer? Otherwise, it could be scary to bite into a soft cookie only to come upon an oreo.

    Now, just fry that puppy up like a fried oreo and you'll be even closer to clogged arteries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing! My sweet loving kiddos would flip if one of those appeared on their plate. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, now THAT'S a cookie!!! That would be like chocolate heaven, lol! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's definitely an impressive cookie:) Thanks so much for linking up to What's On the Menu Wednesday at Dining With Debbie. I hope you will visit often and link up whenever your can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW!!!! These look so amazing.....my two fave cookies all in one..... thanks for sharing your great recipe. I hope to whip these up soon. :-)

    erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.