Monday, April 11, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

The night my dad got out of the hospital after his surgery, he and my mom stayed at our house.  I woke up early the next morning and made breakfast for everyone.  It had been a rough couple days and I wanted to do some pampering for my family.

I made these muffins, plain oatmeal for my dad, scrambled eggs with cheese, and sausage.  It was a yummy way to start the day.

I got this recipe from http://www.howsweeteats.com/ .


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips (I used mini's)

Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tins.  Makes 12 muffins.

Add oats to a bowl and add 1/2 cup of milk.  Let soak for 5-10 minutes, while you prepare the first few steps of the muffins.

In a large bowl, combine egg and brown sugar.  Whisk until smooth.  Add in vanilla and butter.  Whisk well, smoothing batter as much as possible.  There will still be some small butter chunks.

Add flour, oat misture, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Mix well.

Add remaining 1/2 cup milk and combine until smooth.

Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill muffin liners with about 1/4 cup of batter.  Sprinkle the tops with sugar.

Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until baked through.

Serve with butter.

Share with family and friends.


These really did taste like a Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie only in muffin form.  Makes them solid breakfast material!



Please see my left sidebar to see all the great places I'll be linking to!

9 comments:

  1. These muffins do sound good!
    It's funny because I have other muffins that have chocolate in them but I've never thought of an oatmeal muffin with chocolate. I guess it was just too obvious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so yummy! I think I will probably be trying a soaked version of these very soon...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i just tell you how excited i am that these don't have raisins or nuts!? :D:D:D:D

    i'm pretty sure the best way to enjoy a baked oatmeal treat is with chocolate chips!

    thanks so much for linking up to mangia mondays!

    -kristin

    http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicious looking! Please share this yummy recipe with our readers by linking up to Muffin Monday! Thanks!
    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-peanut-butter-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delicious!!!! Wow! My favorite cookies are oatmeal chocolate chip so these muffins would be perfect for our family! Thanks for sharing! Hope your dad is feeling better soon!

    Building Home with Him,

    Mary Joy

    visiting from Making Mondays Sing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!! I love oatmeal and muffins!

    Thanks for sharing with Delectable Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oatmeal cookies are my favorite so an oatmeal cookie muffin is right up my alley! These look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that these have both oatmeal and chocolate chips. Great way to start out the day!

    I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my linky, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/14/chocolate-birds-nests/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Coletta,
    When I see that photo of your kitchen come up on the screen, I always smile, because I know its gonna be good! Those cupcakes look awesome, yum yum! I took the cake last week to the youth auction and everyone loved it! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.