Thursday, April 7, 2011

"LFYI in Holiday, Florida" by Sandra D. Bricker

Love Finds You in Holiday, Florida

Book Description:

Lawyer Cassie Constantine has no plans to stay in Florida. She's here just long enough to sell her late husband's vacation house, a tacky bungalow shes always despised -- then she'll hightail it back to her gracious Boston brownstone. But the place needs more work than Cassie bargained for. What's more, her widow status is like a target on her back and the elderly matchmakers around town manage to sidetrack her mission at every turn.


Holiday is a landmine of golf tournaments, ballroom dancing competitions, shuffleboard and day trips. But the biggest obstacle of all? Richard Dillon, the stuffed shirt she's paired with on the dance floor. Cassie had always considered herself uptight but Richard won't take a walk on the beach without his socks and shoes! There's one little problem -- he makes her heart beat faster than the rhythm of the quickstep. Can Cassie and Richard let loose long enough to have a little fun?

My Thoughts:

This book was so much fun to read!  It is hilarious.

What I liked most about this book is that the main characters aren't the usual twenty-somethings that are in most romance novels.  The main characters were in their fifties and widowed.  The supporting characters were in their seventies and eighties.

I loved the different aspect and point-of-view this gave the book.  At first I didn't know if I would like it but I loved it!

I also liked how the leading man and lady couldn't even really stand each other in the beginning and thought the other one was completely "weird".  The relationship starts slowly and ends sweetly.

I also really enjoyed the renovations part of the book.  That was so much fun to read about.  It made me want to live there.  sigh....

In a nutshell:  Great book.  Make sure you read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.