Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hodgepodge ~ 7/8/15



Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:

1. When did you last 'swim against the tide'? Explain.
I swim against the tide every time I go to the gym.  At least it feels that way!

 2. What's the last self-help or self-improvement book you read?
Right now I'm reading the following:


18850607



 3"Tolerance is a tremendous virtue, but the immediate neighbors of tolerance are apathy and weakness." (Sir James Goldsmith) 

Agree or disagree? Discuss. With civility please, because I think we have a good thing going in our very diverse (in geography, age, religion, political persuasion, ethnicity, marital status, upbringing, and cooking abilities) neighborhood here on This Side of the Pond.

Skip.


 4. What is one of your most vivid memories of the kitchen from your childhood?
Baking cookies with my Grandmother and washing dishes with my Mom.

 5. How did/do your own children's summers compare with your summers as a child? If you're not a parent, answer as it relates to what you've observed about the current generation of children vs. your own childhood.
I read and played outside.  My kids tend to spend their time in their bedroom unless "forced" outside.

 6. Tell us what body of water you would most like to be on or near today, and why?
Any water, anywhere!

 7.  Share a favorite song about water, or a favorite song with the word water in it's title, or a favorite song to listen to as you sit beside the water.



 8. Insert your own random thought here.

It has been hard getting back into my normal routine after being gone on vacation.  I'm hoping that getting back into my blogging groove will help with that :)

~~~~~~~

I'd love to return the visit!  Please leave a comment and a link!

7 comments:

  1. I will admit that I laughed out loud at your 'swimming against the tide' comment. That would be me too!! Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tide is too swift....I don't go to the gym! Good for you though for fighting through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have a hard time getting back into a schedule after a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at your first answer. I'm at the gym 5 days a week and two of those days for a 5:30 Pilates class. Against the tide, for sure. Just not natural! I friend sent me a copy of the book, but I haven't read it yet. What do you think about it? So good to meet you here today. I wrote this on another's blog so will repeat here: Isn't it great that a group of women from all over the country with different interests and personalities and lifestyles can come together once a week in complete unity? Thank you Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tide would sweep me away if I tried going to the gym ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gym? LOL I never see the point of a gym. If I'm going to exercise than I'll garden (for veggies) or kayak (to see nature) or walk (to see nature) or do a heavy duty clean (because there's always housework to do). That's "gym" enough! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the fact that you felt free enough to skip a Hodgepodge question -- you have given me encouragement today for tomorrow's post. Just not sure if I have the energy to find the best literary quote. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.