Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you?
Hugs and Kisses to my family and you bet I will!
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
"I can do all things through Christ"
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
I make a menu and grocery list once a week. The idea is to only shop one time, but we always end up having to make a quick trip to the Dollar General for something.
4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? You're going to tell us what it is, right?
A few years ago I could have said "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" but I don't even watch it any more. I couldn't stand seeing one person making out with multiple people! Right now I don't think I watch anything that I would be embarrassed of.
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-
that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
I say "maybe" all the time! But it is usually in response to my 8 year old's constant wishes.
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts?
Personally, I think it is crazy but to each his/her own :)
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature?
“If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.”
― Jane Austen, Emma
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had to go with an Austen quote. I just had to!
I'd love to return the visit! Please leave a comment and a link!