Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hodgepodge ~ Mother's Day ~ 5/6/15

 

Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:

1. What's a phrase your mother often said to you? If you're a parent, is this something you now say to your own children?
"You need to eat more vegetables!"  Because I don't like vegetables, to this day, I've made it a point of trying to get my girls to eat and like their veggies.  So, I don't usually have to say this because they eat them up.



 2. What is a scent you associate with your mother or your childhood home?
Jergen's Cherry Almond Hand Lotion.  Every time I smell it, it takes me back to when I was little.



 3. What's an activity you remember always doing with your mother (or someone who was a mother figure in your life)?
The thing we did together the most often was wash the dishes.  My mom would wash and I would dry.  We also baked a lot and cooked together also.




4. Flared jeans, maxi dresses, and jumpsuits are 70's fashion trends back this spring. Are you on board? Which trend would you be most inclined to try? For the men...flared corduroys, wide-collared shirts, and floral prints...what say you? 
Seriously!  I might wear a maxi dress but that is as far as it goes!


 5. May 6th is Teacher Appreciation Day and also Nurse Appreciation Day. Is there a nurse or teacher  you have especially appreciated along the way? Tell us why?
I work in the Nursing Department of our local college so I'm surround by nurses all day long.  The group I work with are a very special group of people.  Very kind and loving.  As for teachers, I'm going to say my mom as my Sunday School teacher.  She taught the kindergarten class for years and I still remember making cotton ball sheep!

                                         


 6. If I came by your house, what would I find on your frig door?
Pictures of all the little ones in my family.  Also colored creations of my daughter's.




 7. Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana made her royal entrance on Saturday, May 2nd. On a scale of 1-10, how much attention did you give to all the news coverage? 1=Who's Charlotte? 10=sat glued to the telly, cuppa in hand.
I'd say a 4.  I was really only interested in the name.  I have a thing for names and was very curious as to what the princess would be called.  Other than that, I found it amazing that Kate left the hospital--in high heels--only hours after giving birth.  She must be one tough lady!




 8.  Insert your own random thought here.

It looks like it is going to storm.  The sun is shining in some places of the yard and in others it is very cloudy and dreary.  I wouldn't mind a good thunderstorm!

                                                   

~~~~~~~

I'd love to return the visit!  Please leave a comment and a link!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, I like a good thunderstorm too, as long as I've remembered to unplug the computer. I love the sound of the thunder. Unfortunately, the dogs are terrified by it. :-( I hadn't thought of Jergen's hand lotion for years, but I loved that stuff. Maybe that's why I like almond extract. :-) Sweet photo of your daughter. Have a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love the smell of Jergens : ) It reminds me a little of my grandma but I think I'd like it anyway. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of thought provoking things in this post Colletta! My mom used to say, you need to get out of the sun, should have listened! I wear maxi dresses all the time around the house and sometimes out to casual parties, I love love them, so comfortable...but as cute as the jump suits are, what a pain to go to the bathroom!! And my granddaugther's name is Charlotte, so we were hoping she wouldn't chose that one, but it is a beautiful name and in our family tree too~ Thanks for the fun, and making me take a break today!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first time doing the Hodgepodge but definitely enjoying it. I'm sure Kate didn't have those heels on for long and she would have had lots of help once she got home. Pros and cons of being part of the royal family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother use to say, "eat your vegetables or you will get scurvy." Never knew if that really was a disease but we believed her because she was mom. This was cute. Enjoy your Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.