Monday, November 26, 2012

A Musing ~ Book After Movie ~ 11/26/12



Each week Miz B at Should Be Reading asks a bookish question to muse over.

Q. "Have you ever read a book after watching the movie/television version only to find that you don’t like the book as much as the adaptation?"


I've never read a book after seeing the movie.  If I've already seen the movie, I move on.  I won't spend the time reading a book that I semi-know what is going to happen.  There are too many other books out there to read.

I do, however, like to read the book before seeing a movie adaptation.  It doesn't take nearly as long to watch a movie that I might now what is going to happen and I enjoy picking out the differences.

Musing along,

3 comments:

  1. i have read a book after seeing the movie, but either way, the book is pretty much always bettter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like reading then watching, it just sets me up for disappointment. I do enjoy watching then reading though and seeing the differences that way, and the book explains so much more than the movie. I have only a couple of times enjoyed a movie more than the book. Here is my Musing!

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anything I've read after seeing the movie.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.