Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Go-To Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

These cookie bars are my go-to when I need a quick dessert to take to an event or have a deep craving for something sweet and I don't feel like spoon dropping a batch of cookies.

It is a very simple variation on the traditional chocolate chip cookie and you can use your favorite recipe or use my favorite recipe listed below. 

They are made quick and easy by spreading the dough in a greased cake pan.  Super simple...



Go-To Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

2 sticks butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
1 bag chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cake pan.

Blend together the butter, sugar and brown sugar using a mixer.

Add the eggs and mix.

Mix in the vanilla and the baking soda blending well.

Next add the flour in until thoroughly mixed.

Add in the bag of chocolate chips and mix until distributed throughout the dough.

Spread into greased pan and bake for approx 30 minutes.

Keep a close eye on it so that they don't over-bake.

~~~~

And there you have my go-to recipe that I know by heart!  Hopefully I'll be sharing a new recipe next week.  I know it has been a while.

Happy Baking!

3 comments:

  1. I love making cookie bars. So much easier than actual cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I makes these quite often and they really are wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making cookie bars. So much easier than actual cookies!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.