Thursday, September 5, 2024

My Weekly Bookishness ~ 9/6/2024


All things bookish!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I Read:


I received this book from JustRead Publicity Tours.  My review will be posted on September 27th.



~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Reading:


Blurb:

Sophia Shipley will do pretty much anything to keep her secrets secret until she’s ready to reveal them to her family. Coming back to Carolina Cove in disgrace is hard enough, but that doesn’t compare to knowing all of her hard work and career advances were for nothing. Her job in finance, her life in the financial sector, is gone due to the whispers of fraud now attached to her name. She has to start over from scratch and she has no idea where to begin…

Dawson Blackwell can’t believe his luck. He’d finally managed to buy out the awful neighbor next door and renovate the rundown cottage for a rental only to discover his childhood nemesis to be its first guest. From rivals in the classroom to enemies on the debate team and competitors for class president, he and Sophia had butted heads at every turn. But as neighbors and unlikely friends, he finds himself battling a different kind of intensity towards the grown-up version of the spoiled rich girl he’d known.

They say opposites attract but when Dawson finds himself going after the same job as Sophia, will their competitive personalities lead to a show down—or will their forbidden love lead to something else entirely?


First Lines:

Isn't it funny, she mused, how failure opens one's eyes?

56%/Page 56

Allie's nod ended with a near hysterical laugh and a wipe of her runny nose.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'll (Probably) Read Next:



Blurb:

When country music star Oaken Fox joins survivalist Mike Grizz's new adventure show in the Alaskan wilderness, he just wants to boost his fan base. But when tragedy strikes and Air One Rescue must save them, Oaken wants to quit. Too bad his producer has other plans--signing him on with Air One Rescue as a recruit and making a reality show.

EMT Boo Kingston did not join Air One Rescue to train a celebrity. But she's a rookie to the team, so yes, she'll train Oaken and keep him alive and not for a minute pay attention to his charm.

And then five women go missing from a resort during a bachelorette weekend gone wrong. Now, Air One and the rescue team will have to use all their skills and manpower--including Oaken--to find them before a blizzard settles in. But can they work together before tragedy strikes?


~~~~~~~~

Book Haul:






   ~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop:

Q.  September is Library Card Sign-Up Month. What role have libraries played in your reading journey? Do you have any recommendations for books or fond recollections involving libraries? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A. One of my very first memories is of my Mom taking me and my brother to the library.  I always wanted to check out the same book.  I think it was called "Leo the Lion".

In my early teen years, I can remember reading all Summer long!  I would go to the library on grocery shopping day and pick out around 10 books to last me the week.  I remember one week, I didn't go but I gave a list to my Mom of books to find for me :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Bookishly Yours,


Linking up to: 

   


https://www.coffeeaddictedwriter.com/

http://www.fredasvoice.com/  http://www.rosecityreader.com/


16 comments:

  1. I am a library fan. As a child I rarely went to the library but my elementary school had a good one and the librarian steered me toward some really good books. After a twenty-five years as a classroom teacher I went back to school to qualify as a school librarian and I ended my career as a high school librarian. I rarely buy books for myself preferring to get my reading/listening material for free from the local public library. I actually have three library cards. One for the city where I live, another from the library system of our county, and another card from a neighboring county library system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up with us at Share Your Shelf! These all look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would beg our mom to take us to the library every chance we got. I'm a huge fan of the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The country music star with the survivalist story? Sounds like fun!

      Delete
  4. These books sound good.

    I loved the library when I was younger. We used to have a mobile van then we had to start going to a main library in town once that stopped. I try to go regularly these days and encourage the kids. My youngest is only 14 months old so doesn't understand the wonders yet 😂

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/09/06/book-blogger-hop-libraries/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover of K-9 Ranch Protection. Anything with dogs appeals.

    The library has been in my life from an early age and it's opened so many doors for me. Learning new things and finding afventures in books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see romance is in the air with your choice of books. Perfect weather for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone has good library memories, it seems. The house where I grew up was a very short walk to the city library, and I could go there alone from a very young age. In summer I went there every two or three days, read my books, and then went back. Now I'm spoiled by eBooks that don't require leaving the house.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Saturday!
    Life has been insanely crazy, so I am sorry for my tardiness in replying to everyone's Friday posts. But I'm here now. LOL. I hope life has been less crazy for you.
    Anyway, I'm just getting into Once Upon a Boyband by Jenny Proctor. So far, it's super good!
    "Laney waves as she pulls out of the parking lot, and I wave back, but I don't immediately follow her."
    I hope you are having an excellent weekend full of rest and reading! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sea View and Something New has such a pretty cover. I like the excerpts you shared. That opening about failure opening one's eyes tends to be true more often than not!

    What great memories of the library! I loved being able to pick out books on my own as a child, finding new-to-me books to try and old favorites.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dog and snow on cover of the first book and the covers of Sea View And Something New and Love Blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the library! We go at least once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a lot of great books! I LOVE the library. I don't go as often as I used to, or as often as I would like, because I am trying to read more of what I own. I haven't read Bree Livingston, but I own several of hers on Kindle. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Mom and I walked to the library every week! In those days she could safely drop me off in the children's section downstairs, where I would walk up and down every aisle while she was walking up and down every aisle in the main fiction area upstairs! We would both check out the maximum number of books allowed. I wanted to be a librarian when I grew up so that I could type up the cards for the card files and stamp the date on the cards in each book, but by the time I grew up everything was computerized and all the fun taken out of the job so I didn't want to be a librarian anymore. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. As as kid we lived a couple blocks from our town's library so I was able to go there whenever I wanted. I was always maxing out the number of books I could take out at a given time. Fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My older brother and I used to go to the library on weekends to check out nonfiction books. Read those books for the week , return them, and check out more.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.