Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Book Review ~ Rafe by Kathy Ivan ~ 9/18/2024


~~~~~~~~~~~~


Title:   Rafe by Kathy Ivan
Series:  Texas Boudreau Brotherhood Book #1
Pages:  236
Date Published: April 1, 2020
Publisher:  Independently Published
Stars:  ***

 Blurb:

When Sheriff Rafe Boudreau catches Tessa Maxwell climbing through the window of a house where she doesn’t belong, the crime rate isn’t the only thing that spikes. Turns out, trouble has followed the small-town schoolteacher to Shiloh Springs, and Rafe and the rest of the Boudreau clan must step in to keep her safe. Can they decipher the clues and end the danger Tessa faces before time runs out?

My Thoughts:

I teetered between *** and **** for this book because about halfway through, I almost DNF'd it...

The writing was good and the story line was great but it was almost too sappy and perfect.  It was almost a love-at-first-sight deal and it moved rather quickly along to almost mentioning the L word.  All within the first half!

So, when I was about 50% through the book, I debated whether to continue or not because I have so many other books I want to read.  However, since it is a fairly short read, I decided to push through and get another book completed for the year.

I'm glad I finished this book.  I really am.  I'll tell you why :)

Right after the 50% mark, the action started and I almost missed out on it!  The entire second half of the book held conflict.  There was everything from ransacking, to gun brandishing and someone even gets shot (in the leg, don't worry)!

Overall, this was a good start to a new series of ELEVEN brothers Boudreau and each has their own story.  I'd gladly read another if the opportunity arises to revisit Shiloh Springs.

This book is NOT a Christian/Inspirational read although it is CLEAN with very light spice (a few kisses).

I read this as a free Amazon download to my Kindle.

Onto the next book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.