Sunday, September 15, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 9/16/2024


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello and HAPPY Monday.

I had a lovely week of reading, crocheting, blogging and homemaking.

Here's to the week ahead!

The weather outside is:

It was a little bit warmer Sunday but it looks like some lovely temperatures are ahead.  It could stay in the 70F's all year long, in my opinion!


On today's to-do list:

I'm hoping for a fairly uneventful day of homemaking.  I got the floors and laundry done Saturday so it should just be the daily tasks such as cooking and dishes, etc., etc., etc.

Happening this week:

Tuesday is our 24th Wedding Anniversary!  I want to make the hubby a Cream Puff Cake since it is his favorite dessert.

Other than that, it should be a fairly normal week with the usual suspects of daily activities.

Currently reading:


I'm currently reading "One Last Shot" by Susan May Warren who is one of my favorite authors.  This book is my 7th read of September 2024.  To see more about my reading week, please go HERE to check out My Weekly Bookishness post!

I'm catching up on my Goodreads Challenge which is exciting.  Are we friends on Goodreads?  You can find my Goodreads profile HERE.

Listening to:

Every day is a beautiful gift from God!  Enjoy :)


Watching:

Laken and Nate went with Nate's mom, Natasha, to the WVU vs Pitt football game on Saturday.  We don't normally watch college football, but knowing that they were there inspired us to put the game on.  Then Sunday was the Steelers game.

Hallmark-esque movies.

Booktubers that I've discovered recently and also some favorite homemaking/sewing youtubers.

In the Kitchen:

Laken requested Beef Stew for dinner so Beef Stew she got.  While the meat was in the pressure cooker getting tender, the time was spent peeling and chopping potatoes, carrots, celery and onions.  I made biscuits to go along with the Stew.


On Tuesday, I made Banana Cupcakes with some bananas that were getting overly ripe.  I doubled the recipe so I ended up taking what was left to Wednesday Prayer Meeting/Bible Study to share.


I also baked Chocolate Chunk Brownies this week but I didn't get a picture.  This week, I'm planning on making a Spice Cake with Homemade Fluffy Icing.

In the Craft Basket:

I have 17/35 blocks finished for the Japanese Fields Afghan.  Last week I was at 9/35 blocks completed so I've made some progress.  Just half a block away from being 50% complete.

I made it a point to weave in all the ends of the blocks I had already completed and have been keeping up with it as I finish each square.  For some reason, it is always satisfying to see the little pile of ends :)


It is also satisfying to see a nice, tidy stack of blocks.  


I thought I'd see how the blocks would look laid out.  I'll probably join the squares with Ivory and then crochet the border out of all three colors.  I'm still debating what to do with the finished Afghan...


Picture(s) from the Camera


We got two HUGE mums Saturday and got them planted.  We bought them at a little road-side stand and they were only 2 for $15.  Considering W-Mart wanted over $6 for one half the size, I think we got a deal :)  The hubby planted them and they are beautiful.


We celebrated our Anniversary a few days early with breakfast (my choice) at Coal Miner's Diner in Jennerstown, PA.  The portions were big and the food was great.  It was the first time we had eaten there although I'd been wanting to try it for a few years.  It is a bit of a drive to get there but now I'd like to go back and try something other than the breakfast menu.  Their specials look amazing!


My handsome breakfast date :)


I decorated the bookcase above my desk for Fall.  Nothing fancy, but I got a few leaf garlands and a Pumpkin Spice candle.  I can only have the candle burning while I'm sitting at my desk because I'm afraid one of the cats will try to get at it.  It is currently burning while I type this post and it smells delicious.  I think I'll get and Apple candle next.


Speaking of the cats, look how big Oliver has gotten!  He's almost as big as Flynn who is 2 years older than Ollie.  Laken was dangling a cat toy above him so that we could get a picture of him sitting still.  He is a very busy kitten!

Prayer Requests

~By the time you are reading this post, Kaylee should be in Orlando for her work conference.  I'd appreciate your continued prayers for safety and traveling mercies!

~Laken is now taking 4 college courses.  Please pray that she does well with them and that she stays healthy.  (continued)

~As always, prayers for the safety and well-being of all school/college kids.  (continued)

~Our Country, our Leaders and the Election coming in November.  (continued)

~Please pray that I get a start date soon for my new job.  It is a state position and they can sometimes be slow moving.

Bible Verse

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."  Hebrews 13:8  ERV

Have a great week!

Colletta

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend. I just left a state job and had to go back to teaching but prayers - I know how long some of those things can take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you and your husband.
    I love the sound of that beef stew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your Afghan, can't wait to see the finished project. The banana cupcakes look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that we're coming into soup and stew season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!!! uneventful day of homemaking - those are the best. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.