Friday, January 6, 2023

Saturday 9 ~ What's Up Pussycat ~ 1/7/2023



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
  
What's New Pussycat (1965)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Tom Jones wants to know what's new in his girl's life. Here at Saturday 9, we're concentrating on the new year. What do you hope will be new and different in your life during 2023?
 
I'm hoping to find more of a balance.  I started working outside the home in August and my favorite hobbies have been put on the back burner (actually...almost non-existent).  Now that I'm "settled in" I'd like to set time aside each day for hobbies.

2) He sings that he has flowers for his special girl. Are there fresh flowers in your home right now?

Nope!
 
3) He also wants to spend hours with her. What is something you'd like to spend more time doing in 2023?
 
I kinda already answered this in #1 but more specifically:  reading, crocheting, sewing and quilting.

4) Before his music career took off, Tom Jones supported himself by selling vacuum cleaners. Could your home benefit from a once-over with a vacuum right now?

We have all wood floors so not really a vacuum but it could definitely use a broom!
 
5) Memorabilia from Tom's 1990 world tour was available eBay and the bids went up to $599 a jacket worn by the stage crew. Have you ever bought anything at an auction (online or otherwise)?

Just ebay for items such as books, movies etc. Nothing major.

6) Tom's adult grandson, Alex, represented Wales in rifle shooting in the Commonwealth Games. Is there a sport you'd like to try, or get better at, in 2023?

Just walking and increasing my speed and step count.

7) In 1965, when this song was popular, Tom Jones made a new friend, Elvis Presley. Tom had a meeting at Paramount Studios to discuss recording a song for a movie soundtrack and Elvis was finishing a film. It was the beginning of a friendship that would continue for the rest of Elvis' life. Did you make any new friends in 2022?

I'd like to call my new coworkers my friends :)

8) Also in 1965, The Sound of Music premiered and became one of the most successful movies of all time. Have you seen it?

The Sound of Music is one of my top 2 favorite movies!  The other one is White Christmas.  There's no way I could say which is my favorite!

9) Random question: Were you like those shoppers we saw on TV, in line at a retailer after the holidays to exchange a gift that wasn't quite right?

No.  I didn't exchange anything that I received.


Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!


Colletta 

6 comments:

  1. I love White Christmas too and Gone With the Wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I'd chosen hardwood back when I moved in, instead of going with carpeting. Hardwood and tile are much easier to keep clean, and it's so hard to replace flooring now, with all my furniture and stuff all over the place. It would have been an easier fix before I moved in. Oh well. Woulda shoulda coulda, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 I started listening to audiobook
    #4 I want to replace the carpet with wooden floors, the carpets need replacing and I want to go with the wood floor except around the front door I’ll stick with the tile.
    #8 I want to see South Pacific again, I had tickets but the show was cancelled because of COVID.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are going to spend more time on hobbies! I try to do that too, mostly just reading for me, but it takes my mind away from work. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have hardwood floors but I do vacuum them with a soft vacuum head. I probably need a good Swiffer or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also never bought something large there. And I was just in time noticing that some people charge a lot for sending an item to you. Saved me a lot of money.

    It was nice to read your answers.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.