Thursday, June 4, 2020

In the Kitchen ~ Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Coffee Cake




This coffee cake is one of the best coffee cakes I've ever eaten.  The pecan, chocolate and sour cream made it delicious and different from the usual coffee cake.  I made this to take to Bible Study and it was a hit!  My Uncle ate 3 pieces!  I'll definitely be making it again!



Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Coffee Cake

1 package (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
2 cups sugar, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 2/3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soada
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sour cream

HEAT oven to 350F.  Grease 9X13 inch baking pan

MIX chocolate nuts, 2/3 cup of hte sugar and cinnamon, set aside.  Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and sale; set aside.

BEAT butter remaining 1/13 cups sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

ADD flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition until smooth.

SPOON 1/2 of the batter into prepared baking pan.  Top with 1/2 of the chocolate-nut mixture.  Repeat layers.

BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

COOL in pan on wire rack.



Enjoy!


Colletta

7 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious!! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to have coffee. I can taste it right now. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with 1.5 sticks of butter has got to be absolutely delicious!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH, would I love a piece right now - this looks delish and the flavors are right up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your awesome post is featured on Full Plate Thursday 488 this week and thanks so much for sharing with us this week! Sure hope you are having a good week and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.