Monday, February 17, 2014

It's Monday! What Am I Reading? ~ 2/17/14



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I read this past week:

Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo
Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Pattillo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The book I am currently reading is:

The Dashwood Sisters Tell All


Following Jane Austen Ruined My Life and Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart, Beth Pattillo returns with her new novel. Inspired by Sense and SensibilityThe Dashwood Sisters Tell Allfollows two modern-day sisters as they set out on a walking tour of Jane Austen's England and uncover what might actually be Jane's long-lost diary.
Ellen and Mimi Dodge have never been close, but their mother's dying wish sends them on a walking tour of Hampshire, England, that follows in the footsteps of Jane Austen. Their mother also left them something else: a diary that belonged to Jane's sister Cassandra. These pages shed light on the secrets that nearly tore the Austen sisters apart and inspired one of the greatest love stories of all time. They also bring Jane to life in a way that no one has ever seen before: through the eyes of her sister. As the Dodge sisters embark on their walking tour, they too are drawn together in ways they never expected. They also discover that Cassandra's diary holds secrets, and someone doesn't want Ellen and Mimi to discover the truth. As they stumble on their way toward love, the women learn how Jane and Cassandra Austen inspired the original Marianne and Elinor Dashwood and come to realize that despite their very different personalities, they are a vital part of each other's happy endings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also hoping to read this week:

Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)

He has tried hard to forget her.

Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins—and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation…and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Can she remember the man he once was?

Then, Win returns to England…only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It’s now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny—or risk losing the only woman he has lived for…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are you reading today?


6 comments:

  1. I like the looks and the sound of The Dashwood Sisters Tell All.

    ENJOY your books and your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

    "The Dashwood Sisters Tell All" looks really good. I've just added it to my TBR list. (As if I need more books to read!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by OUaT! I havent read any of these but I hope you enjoyed/enjoy them!

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  4. That description of The Dashwood Sisters Tell All just makes me want to go on a Jane Austen walking tour of my own. It would be so cool. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. familiar with the first read of your week - lovd it !
    so what's up next for this week's reading...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you read some fun books ^^. I'd love to see Jane Austen's world in England.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.