Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
1. My real life friends came through with another question this week so thank you real life friends. When you've eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts?
No, I don't think I ever have...
2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women. Your thoughts?
I'm of mixed opinions on this. It will be interesting to read others comments.
3. In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite post title?
I'm quite partial to my "Read, Crochet, Repeat" posts. If I added cleaning and TV in there, my life would pretty much be summed up! lol
4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category? If you're a parent where do you fall?
I was a good girl. My parents trusted me to be where I said I was going to be and I took that trust seriously. I think I fall somewhere in the middle. I'm permissively protective. Does that make sense?
5. Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favorite?
Candlelight! One of the first things I do in the morning is to light my candles. Right now I'm burning "Birthday Cake" and it smells so good. I would have chosen firelight but we don't have a fireplace. Maybe someday.
6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood? Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain.
I remember making "Green Eggs and Ham" in Kindergarten and that was 30 years ago! Reading played a huge role in my growing up years and still does :)
7. To quote Dr. Seuss...
"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.
My daughter (6) was hiding in a pile of blankets. When she popped out, she said she was going back in her "raccoon". She, of course, meant "cocoon"! It will now forever be a raccoon in our family. lol
Snow day here in Southern PA. We cleaned the vehicles off and shoveled the drive once already. My afternoon, I imagine it will need done again. How's the weather in your area?
Let's get hodgepodgey!