Thursday, March 21, 2013

Getting to Know: Elizabeth @ Silver Solara





Name: Elizabeth
Home State:  Pennsylvania
State of Residence: Pennsylvania
Height:  5' 1"
Age:  60 - I don't look my age nor do I feel my age.  :)
Birthday: June 19
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color:  Hazel

Home life (Family, pets, etc.):  I have one adult son who lives and works in New York City, and my husband and I live in the Pittsburgh area.  I have four brothers and three sisters for a total of eight when you count me.  :)
Occupation:  I am a retired business teacher.  I taught for 34  years in the same school district.  I have been retired for one year.  I missed it at first, but I am so busy now that I have no idea how I worked.  :)
Hobbies that you enjoy:  Baking, Cooking, Reading, Blogging
Top three favorite TV shows:  I really don't watch TV, but I do like House Hunters International
Celebrity crush:  George Clooney
Favorite authors:  Kate Morton and Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Favorite book:      The Forgotten Garden and Shadow of the Wind
Favorite food:       Anything Italian...specifically Eggplant Parmesan and Pasta made with my homemade sauce.  I am Italian and can't go too many days without a pasta dish. :)
Go-to beverage of choice:  Hot tea
Favorite Outfit:  My blue jean skirt that my mother bought me.  It is so comfortable and usually fits any casual occasion with a shirt to dress it up if needed.
Favorite Accessory:  I only wear earrings

What's your blog/website(s)?  http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Why do you blog/write?   I blog because I want to share the wonderful books I have read with others so they can be passionate about reading. 
What do you hope to accomplish with blogging? By blogging, I want to bring the joy of reading to others and also have some fun talking to most wonderful folks on the web....reading bloggers.  Reading bloggers are the BEST...so helpful and so passionate.

What's the latest goings-on that you would want others to know about?  I am going to New York in a few weeks to help my son as he moves into a new place.  

Any words of encouragement or wisdom to impart?  My wisdom is that you should do things that make you happy and always be there when someone needs you especially your parents.

Where can readers connect with you online?  They will find my e-mail in a tab at the top of my blog. 

I hope you can stop by my blog for some great book reviews, to say hello, and to hopefully find your next read.

If you'd like to be featured in a "Getting to Know You" post, please email me at collettaskitchensink [at] yahoo [dot] com .


1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.