Friday, March 8, 2013

Book Beginning and 56 ~ Swept Away ~ 3/8/13


Please join Rose City Reader and me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Current Read:

Swept Away (Trouble in Texas, #1)

"Swept Away" by Mary Connealy

The Book Beginning:

"The sharp crack of a cocking pistol brought Lucas Stone's head around."


My Thoughts:

A very dramatic start to the book!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The 56th Page:

"But Pa was dead now and the S Bar S Ranch stolen, his sister driven from their home.  It couldn't be allowed to stand, not in the United States of America.  Not in the land Luke had fought to preserve."

My Thoughts:

Luke is very driven to get his land back while he was away fighting in the war.  Very honorable.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.