Saturday, March 12, 2011

Movie Review: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Movie Description from Netflix

2010   PG   92 minutes

Middle school isn't all it's cracked up to be for self-described "wimpy kid" Greg Heffley, who discovers a frightening new world teeming with boys who are taller, tougher and hairier than he is -- and decides to document it all in his diary. Directed by Thor Freudenthal, this kid-friendly comedy based on Jeff Kinney's illustrated novel cast its star by asking kids to submit their auditions online.

Cast:  Zachary Gordon, Robert Capron, Rachael Harris, Steve Zahn, Connor Fielding, Owen Fielding, Devon Bostick, Chloe Moretz, Karan Brar, Grayson Russell, Laine MacNeil

Director:  Thor Freudenthal

Genres:  Children & Family, Family Comedies, Book Characters, Fox Home Entertainment, Blu-ray

This movie is:  Goofy, Feel-good

My Thoughts:

My 9-year-old has read just about every "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" book that there is.  When we were trying to decide on a movie for Family Movie Night last week and saw that this movie was going to be on HBO Family, she started jumping up and down and saying, "yes, yes, that one, that one!"  So how could we not watch it.  She was so excited!

I wasn't completely thrilled about it but I had my crochet and Family Movie Night is really about being together, so I settled in to watch it.

IT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!

I mean, hilarious!  I made sure to record it so that Doug who was on 2nd shift would be able to watch it when he gets the chance.

Oh the horrors of middle school!  lol  Everything the poor kid tries to do to become popular backfires on him.  Everytime.

This is a great movie to watch as a family and also has a great lesson to teach your kids about being themselves and not giving in to peer pressure.

I want to leave you with one last thought:  "HE'S GOT THE CHEESE TOUCH!"  lol



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.