Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Breach of Trust" by DiAnn Mills


Call of Duty Book 1

Breach of Trust (Call of Duty, Bk 1)
Book Description:
Paige Rogers is a former CIA agent who lost all she treasured seven years ago when her entire team was killed in a covert mission. She blames their leader Daniel Keary, whom Paige believes betrayed them.
Disillusioned and afraid for her life, she disappeared and started a new life as a small-town librarian. But when Keary announces his candidacy for governor of her state, he comes after Paige to ensure that she won't ruin his bid for office.
He threatens everything she holds dear, and Paige must choose between the life of hiding that has become her refuge... or risking everything in one last, desperate attempt to right old wrongs.
My Thoughts:
Oh my goodness!  Talk about suspense.  This book reeled me in and didn't let go until the very end.
CIA/Librarian.  I love books so, of course a book about a librarian would be good.  Add in the mystery and intrigue and this is one great book!
The romance going on between Paige/Mikaela and Miles is sweet in the forbidden-yearning romance way.
When I was about half way through the book I told my husband that I thought I knew who the Split Creek mole was.  I just had a hunch.  I promise, I didn't look ahead!
So when I found out I was right, I gloated.  Yes, I did!  The reason:  DiAnn did such a great job writing this book that there was no way I could have known who it was I just made a  great guess!
This book was great and super-fun to read.  I'm looking forward to the next book in the series:  "Sworn to Protect".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.