Saturday, February 17, 2024

Tea Time ~ 2/17/2024


 
Grab a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate or your favorite drink
while I share a few things about my life lately...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~It has been a long, busy week!  I started my new job in Care Coordination at the hospital on Monday.  It is going well so far.  I had HR orientation all Monday morning and then my Director and my Manager took me to lunch in the cafeteria which was surprisingly good!  It took a few days to get my email/network accesses so there wasn't a lot I could do other than training such as workplace harassment, etc.  I sat in on a lot of meetings to start getting a feel for the workings and the language of the department.  Everyone was very welcoming and I'm getting settled in.  I have high hopes :)

~Did you watch the Super Bowl?  I watched bits and pieces but didn't really pay a lot of attention other than the commercials.  I was multi-tasking until I gave up and went to bed around 9:30pm.

~Before the Super Bowl, Laken and Nate made us food.  We had Buffalo Chicken Sliders, Cheesy Bacon Tator Tots, Chips and Dip, Strawberry Shortcake and Cookie Dough Truffles.  Nate does most of the cooking and Laken does most of the procrastinating  :)  Right, Laken?   :)

~Happy Belated Valentine's Day!  The hubby got me a card, a bouquet of flowers and Reese Cups.  I got him a card, Reeses Pieces and a rose.  We had said that we weren't doing presents for Valentine's Day, so I'm glad I didn't listen!  Hubby also got Valentine's and candy for both of our girls.  I think it is super sweet that he still does that even though they both have their own Valentines now.

~My department at work had a Valentine Card Exchange also.  I didn't have time to get anything ready as I just found out about it Tuesday but a very sweet coworker, Sara, decorated a box for me so that I could participate too!  There are around 30 or more people in the department, so my box was full of Valentines, candy and little fluffies (gifts) by the end of the day.  It was really fun and Laken was so jealous of my Valentines box when I brought it home :)

~We went Prom dress shopping today.  I thought it went well but now Laken is having buyer's remorse!  She is second guessing herself and wondering if there would have been a "better" dress at another shop.  Unfortunately, the shop we bought her dress at has a "no return" policy.  Personally, I think her dress is gorgeous and fits her beautifully.  It will need the hem taken up, of course.  Other than that I don't think it will need altered at all!  I just hope Laken will remember how much she loved the dress when she had it on at the shop.  I want her to be happy and feel good about herself when she wears it.  Other than that, I don't know what to do...

So, what is new with you???

Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.