Monday, February 26, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 2/26/2024


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and Happy Monday!

I can't believe this week we turn the calendar to March!  I love that it brings nicer weather, a time change and my birthday.  The older I get (I'll be 46) the more I like to celebrate my birthday (for now anyway) and I can't wait to have long, lighter evenings :)

The weather outside is:

The week ahead is looking lovely.  I love seeing "Springlike" and "Beautiful!" on the forecast!  I'm looking forward to eating my lunches outside.  Right now, I make sure to sit in the natural light and, if possible, in the sunshine.


On today's to-do list: 

~Monday starts my third week at my new job.  I'm feeling pretty good about my learning progress.  My coworkers are great and I'm enjoying my work.  I couldn't ask for more than that.

Happening this week:

~It is a pretty calm week schedule-wise this week.  Laken has a dental appointment Tuesday that the hubby will be taking her to.  It is just a cleaning so hopefully it will be uneventful with no cavities.

~My first payday is Friday!  Which reminds me that we still need to get our taxes completed for 2023.

Currently reading:

I think I need a new book to really grab my attention and make me WANT to read more than watch TV.  I'm thinking a good nonfiction book might be what I need.  Something that isn't just fluff.  Any recommendations for either physical books or for my Kindle?

Listening to:


Watching:

Farmer Wants a Wife

Tracker

Hallmark - Jane Austen inspired movies (loving them!)

Youtube videos from a few favorites

On the menu today:

Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes

In the Craft Basket:

I didn't accomplish much crafting this week.  I think I'm still trying to get into a routine of work/hobby balance.  I thought I would get some crochet time this weekend and be able to finish the Sunburst Granny Square tote that I started.  However, I found that I just wanted to relax and didn't even pick up my hook.

I was going to be doing a Vendor Show on March 16th but my nephew's 18th birthday is that day and he is having a party at the same time as the show.  I decided that supporting my family on this important day was more important to me.  I told the organizer that I hope to catch the next show.  This also gives me more time to plan things out and get more items made if I decide to go that route. 

Picture from the Camera


Laken sent me this picture of Kona's nose.  It cracked me up when I opened it!

Bible Verse

"Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You.  So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands and call on Your name"  Psalm 63:3-4 NRSV

Have a great week!

Colletta

2 comments:

  1. So glad you seem to be enjoying your new job!! I too am loving the more spring like temps and sunshine!!!

    I don't read alot of non fiction but i did read a good one (a memoir) in January written by a Vietnammese author. The title is "Owner of a Lonely Heart" about how her biological mother was left in Vietnam when she and her dad and some other relatives escaped during the war and came to the States. It's sad but good.
    I also recommend (If you like historical fiction with some romance) the fiction book The Glass Ocean. Both are reviewed on my blog if you wanna see what they're about. Have a wonderful week and enjoy those outdoor lunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear your job is going well. I just read A man called Ove and liked that. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.