Saturday, December 9, 2023

Saturday 9 ~ Wildest Dreams ~ 12/9/2023



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 


Wildest Dreams (2014)

1) In this song, a tall, handsome man asks Taylor Swift to drive away with him to escape the crowds. Where were you headed when you most recently got behind the wheel?

I was actually headed home from the auto repair shop with my vehicle after it was repaired from hitting a deer while taking Laken to school.

2) She sings about memories of a romance that just "follow you around." Is anyone special on your mind this morning? (It doesn't have to be a romantic partner.)

My SIL is having some health issues and has been on my mind a lot lately.

3) The lyrics reference sunset. Now that it gets dark earlier, do you find yourself watching the sun set more often?

No, no really.  It is usually dark before I even realize it!

4) The video for this song takes place on a movie set. Swift said it was inspired by tales of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton embarking on a love affair while co-starring in Cleopatra. Elizabeth and Richard fell in love in Rome, while this video was filmed outside of Gaborone, Botswana. In your wildest dreams, which of these exotic locales would you rather visit: Rome or Gaborone?
 
Rome, by a long shot!

5) In homage to Elizabeth Taylor, Swift went from blonde to brunette for the video. Do you have an appointment with a stylist between now and year end?

I do not have an appointment with my stylist set up but I do need to call and schedule one as I'm due for a trim.

6) Both Taylors (Swift and Elizabeth) often wore the color purple. What color dominates your wardrobe?

Black and gray are the colors that most dominate my wardrobe although I have a lot of floral print blouses.
 
7) In the video, Taylor Swift's leading man is Scott Eastwood, son of Clint. Though not as famous as his dad, Scott works steadily and has more than 30 TV and movie credits. Can you think of another second-generation performer who followed his or her parent into show business?

Nobody is coming to mind at the moment, but I would definitely like to see more of Scott Eastwood.  I saw him in "The Longest Ride" and loved it!

8) In 2014, when "Wildest Dreams" topped the charts, Paul McCartney had to reschedule tour dates so he could recover from a bout with the flu. How are you feeling this morning? Any coughs, sneezes, sniffles?

My entire household is recovering from a nasty "virus".

9) Random question: How many different zip codes have you lived in throughout your life?

3


Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!


Colletta 

5 comments:

  1. I just got over a cold and I was such a big baby! Really, all I had was nasal congestion -- no cough, no fever, no aches -- but it did disturb my sleep. The way I carried on, though! :) I hope your household feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of nasty viruses going around at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That nasty virus is going around at the school where I teach. I only had 8 kids yesterday. We had a child sent to school early in the week and was sick. Took him to the nurse, but she didn't send him home. ugh. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hitting a deer! I hope none was injured. A collegue of my dad hit a deer once and his car was badly damaged and he had some nasty bumps and bruises, as the animal jumped right before his car.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.