Friday, December 29, 2023

Fred the Sea Turtle by CJ Design ~ My First Amigurumi Project!

 I mentioned in my last post that I've reopened my Etsy Shop and that I want to learn how to crochet plushies and amigurumi.  My very first attempt was Fred the Sea Turtle by CJ Designs.


The pattern is free on CJ Designs website but can also be purchased in PDF form in their etsy shop.


Look at that wee little tail!!!


The pattern was well written and easy to follow.  The pattern calls for a chunky yarn but I'm trying to use only yarn that I already have, so I used a Medium (4) yarn and hooks in sizes 3.75mm and 4.25mm.


I don't have any safety eyes, so I embroidered the eyes on with black yarn.  (In a way, I like it better this way as I was always fearful of those safety eyes falling off when my girls were littles.)


My very first foray into the amigurumi world is complete and I think he is super cute!

What do think?  After some more practice, should I add him to my Etsy shop?  (be gentle...lol)

Colletta

1 comment:

  1. Your sea turtle is so cute. Well done! I has never crocheted an amigurumi, although I did make crocheted plushies for my kiddos many years ago. Maybe it is time to make one this year. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing in my linky party. Hugs & Stitches ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.