Monday, December 11, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 12/11/2023


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and Happy Monday!

We're pretty much on the mend from "the sickness" except for Laken who tends to have viruses settle in her lungs due to having asthma.  The on-call provider called her in a steroid to bolster her lungs on Saturday but I'm still going to call her regular provider today.  I just would feel better if she's seen by the provider and has a listen to her lungs.  Just to be safe.  I worry about that girl!

The weather outside is:

For some reason, the 7 day forecast for  my area still has the weekend weather.  It must not have updated yet for the week ahead.  There was a drastic drop in temperature today and now it is spitting snow along with the rain.  It has rained ALL day long.  The week ahead doesn't look bad though!


On today's to-do list: 

~Call Laken's healthcare provider to try to have her seen today.
~Pick up my contacts that I ordered weeks ago from my eye doctor.  I just haven't taken the time to stop by and get them.
~Write Christmas Cards
~Clean house

Happening this week:

~Tuesday evening is our Ladies Class Christmas Dinner and Gift Exchange.  Laken and I still need to wrap the present for the gift exchange.  I pray that she is feeling better by then.  She will be heartbroken if she can't go.

~I have a check-up with my healthcare provider on Wednesday.  She's going to want to recheck my A1C as it was borderline pre-diabetic last time I had my routine blood work done.  I have been terrible about trying to make any changes to my diet though.

~Continue reading a chapter a day of the Gospel According to Luke.  I've been doing fairly well with staying on track!

Currently reading:

I took a break from reading "Atomic Habits" by James Clear.  I'm undecided if I'll finish it or not.  I guess time will tell.  I've been digging into "Women of the Word" by Jen Wilkin.  I'm well over halfway through it and I just started it a day or two ago.


Watching:

The hubby watched the new Transformers movie Saturday evening.  I had no interest in watching it so I caught up on some youtubers that I follow.  "How to Faith a Life" had a live chat and Q&A going on so I cleaned my desk area while watching/listening.

Listening to:




On the menu today:

Creamed Chip Beef on Toast

In the Craft Basket:

Here is the No Name/No Recipient Blanket that I finished a few weeks ago.  I wanted to show you a picture as promised last week.



Picture from the Camera


Bible Verse

 "While they were still talking about his, Jesus Himself stood among them and said to them, 'Peace be with you'."  Luke 24:36

Have a great Monday!

Colletta

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your day post! I hope you and your daughter get well soon!! I also had an alert come up on a routine blood test that said i was "prerisk for diabetes". WHAT??!!! So my provider ordered an actual A1C test and lo and behold i'm fine. (no diabetes on either side of my family other than one aunt). We figured it out the sugar level was high as i had consumed a sweet iced tea the evening before. :) oops.

    Seriously, i hope all goes well for you. Cutting down on sugary treats this time of year is hard. I need to even though my glucose is fine, because it DOES put extra pounds on and now that I'm retired from teaching I am not nearly as active as I used to be. trying to change that!!
    Have a wonderful Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your festivites of the week. Your crochet looks wonderful! Now that's a craft talent I never did get the 'hang of'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see you returning to blogging! I followed you on a previous blog and I'm excited to follow again! I loved Women of the Word and need to re-read it for sure! I hope Laken gets to feeling better, its terrible to be sick this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your daughter gets better. I enjoyed seeing your No Name blanket I am sure it will find a welcome home. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to take a break with Atomic Habits too. I like the idea of habit stacking but he was a little intense. I do love Jen Wilkin though! And I've been a member of How to Faith a Life for close to a year, I think. I'm using her Grace Bible Reading plan right now. I just love her! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everyone feels back to 100% very soon and you get to go to your Christmas exchange. Beautiful blanket. Hope the rest of your week is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry Laken is still sick. Hope she feels better soon! I can completely understand you feel worried given her asthma.

    Hope you did finally pick up those contacts LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your daughter is better. Love the blanket. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are reading the Bible daily and studying. I do the same. Very important. I didn't know that there is a new Transformers movie?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.