Saturday, May 9, 2020

In the Kitchen ~ Virginia's Baked Spaghetti


Lately I've been trying new recipes to add to the old stand-bys.  I'm just getting sick of cooking and eating the same things all the time.  Do you ever get that way?


I sat down and went through the Gooseberry Patch "Recipes for Comfort" cookbook and made a list of recipes to try.  The recipe I'm featuring today is called "Virginia's Baked Spaghetti".


It had ground beef in it and a layer of a cheese sauce mixture that smelled amazing!


Here's a "before" picture of the "Virginia's Baked Spaghetti".


And an "after":


It was delicious paired with garlic bread sticks. 

Virginia's Baked Spaghetti

16 oz pkg spaghetti noodles, cooked
2  24-oz jars spaghetti sauce
2 lbs ground beef browned
4 T. butter
4 T. All purpose flour
4 T. grated Parmesan cheese
2 t. salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
12 oz can evaporated milk
3 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided

Combine spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce and ground beef together, set aside.

In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter; add flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and garlic.  Stir constantly over heat until smooth and bubbly.  Add evaporated mild and one cup Cheddar cheese; stir until thoroughly melted.

Pour half of the spaghetti noodle mixture into a 13X9 casserole dish and pour cheese mixture over top.

Pour remaining noodle mixture into casserole dish; top with remaining Cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes.

Makes 12 to 18 servings.


Next Saturday I'll be sharing a yummy recipe for "Irish Stew"!

Have a great weekend!

Colletta

1 comment:

  1. I make baked spaghetti often but I don't make it that way. I use actual spaghetti sauce in it as well as ground beef and pepperoni. Yours looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.