Monday, May 11, 2020

Book Review ~ A Heart in the Balance by L.G. Rollins


~~~~~~~~~~~~



Title:  A Heart in the Balance by L.G. Rollins
Series: Lockhart Regency Book #3
Pages:  266
Date Published:  April 10, 2020
Publisher:  ???

 Blurb:


Protect her reputation? Or save a man’s life? How does a lady ever choose?

Lady Cassandra Lockhart is determined to stop anyone that might taint the night her brother announces his engagement—not gossipy ladies nor backhanded Peers. When she sees a gentleman slip from the ballroom, Cassandra assumes the worst; he is off to rendezvous with a young lady. Such would surely spell disaster for the night. Certain she alone can protect her family’s good name, Cassandra hurries to stop him.

Lord Nigel Southcott is nervous about meeting his informant. They’ve never met at a ball before. Why now? Still, at the predestined hour, he slips from the ballroom and into the trees and shadows that line the Lockhart estate. Only too late, he realizes it’s a trap set by the infamous Le Renard. Equally as surprising is the beautiful stranger who comes to his aid.

To protect Nigel, Cassandra agrees to keep him hidden from those that wish him harm, knowing full well that doing so puts herself in danger of gossipmongers and French spies alike. Her reputation is on the line, but so is Lord Nigel’s life. What else can she possibly do? Even among the secrets and stratagem, a connection between Nigel and Cassandra forms. But Le Renard is not willing to give up his prey so easily. Will Nigel and Cassandra’s wit and blossoming love be enough to save them? Or will the growing subterfuge swallow them both?

My Thoughts:

This is the third book in the "Lockhart Regency" series by one of my newest favorite authors, L.G. Rollins.  I'm now completely caught up with the series :)

This book was fantastic!  I loved the whole spy, in hiding, aspect of the story.  I also love that the author writes such clean, wholesome books.

I "met" Cassandra in book one of the series and she also appeared in book 2 of the series.  (I definitely recommend reading them in order as the characters of the Lockhart family are very intertwined.)

At first, I thought Cassandra was a bit of a nitwit and was only concerned about appearances.  The author does a wonderful job evolving Cassandra's character into an intelligent, witty, brave woman.

Nigel was a bit abrupt and grouchy to an extent but that was part of his appeal.

I have loved this entire series so far and can't wait to read more stories by this author.  I believe Quentin is up next :)  I'll have to put it on my wishlist :)

On to the next book!

Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.