Saturday, March 8, 2014

Movie Review ~ Love's Enduring Promise

Synopsis:

In this Janette Oke sequel to "Love Comes Softly," the eldest child in an 1800s frontier family, Missie Davis is a bright and beautiful elementary schoolteacher whose love for the prairie is matched only by her passion for books. When Missie encounters Grant, a handsome New England railroad executive, she feels as though shes met a hero from one of her novels. But their courtship is complicated by the appearance of Nate, a mysterious young man who helps Missies family in a time of need. Torn between two worlds, Missie finds herself at a crossroads, forced to choose between the love of two very different men and two very different futures.
 
Cast


Marty Claridge - Catherine Heigl
Clark Davis - Dale Midkiff
Missie Davis - January Jones
Willie "Nate" LaHaye - Logan Bartholomew
Grant Thomas - Mackenzie Astin

My Overall Thoughts:

Sigh......  Loved it!

I didn't think I would like the second in the series as well as the first but I did!  Ten years has passed and Missie is grown up now and has two younger brothers.

She is the town's schoolteacher but has to stop teaching in order to help out her family in a time of need.  Enter "Nate".  Just let me say here:  "What a cutie!!!"  Nate hires on to help with the harvest.   But...there's also Grant, a wealthy railroader who catches Missie's eye.

I definitely knew who I wanted her to end up with but you never know when there might be a curve ball thrown in.

Again, like with the first movie, I cried.  I just couldn't help it.  I was so worried about the father, Clark.  I really didn't now where that storyline would go.

My Favorite Scenes(s):


I loved when Nate saw Missie struggling with the plowing and just couldn't stop himself from coming to help. What a gentleman.

I also loved the Kiss.  Sigh....

Watch This Movie With:

Anyone.  Friends, family, adults, children...

Other Notes:

-  I didn't read the book so I can't do a comparison.

My Rating:

5/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you seen this movie or read the book?  What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.