Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PB Chocolate Chunk Brownies with Icing

I had a Betty Crocker Frosted Chocolate Brownies mix in my baking cupboard and decided to doctor it up a bit to take to the Guardian Angel Picnic on Saturday.  Here is what I came up with and it was GOOD!


PB Chocolate Chunk Brownies with Icing

1 Betty Crocker Frosted Chocolate Brownies Mix
1 egg
1/4 water
1/4 oil
1 cup chocolate chunks
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 1/2 cups peanut butter

Preheat oven according to package instructions and grease the desired size baking pan.

Make the brownie mix according to package directions.

Mix in chocolate chunks and peanut butter chunks.

Bake according to the time chart on the brownie mix.

Remove from the oven and immediately spoon peanut butter on top of hot brownies.  Let sit for a few minutes so the peanut butter will get very soft and spreadable.  Spread evenly across brownies.

Let cool completely.  You can throw it in the fridge to speed up the cooling if you are in a rush.

After peanut butter is cooled and set back up, spread frosting from the brownie mix on top.

Share with family and friends!



I took a piece out before we went to the picnic to get some pictures and also see how it turned out.  It turned out to be quite YUMMY!


They were gone in no time and it all started with a mix from the cupboard.  It was so fun to experiment, but really how could it go wrong?  PB and Chocolate with Icing on top.  Fool proof!


Please see my right side bar for the great places I'll be linking to!

4 comments:

  1. I have a love hate relationship with all these yummy recipes in blogland. They make me make them and then eat them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will join me again next week for another great party filled with amazing recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colletta,
    It is so nice to see you today. Your brownies look so good, you are surely one of the best bakers I know. Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an original idea! These brownies look soo good :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.