Monday, August 8, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookie Bars

I've been making Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from the time I started baking as a young girl.

Then a few weeks ago I saw this recipe that added in the salty pretzel.  Chocolate and pretzels.  What a great combination!  I had to give them a try.

I found this recipe at http://www.thisweekfordinner.com/ .


Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookie Bars

1 1/2 sticks (6 oz) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 oz bag of chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mini pretzels, broken in pieces

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease/spray a 9x13 baking pan.

Blend the butter, brown sugar, and sugar well.

Add in the vanilla, baking soda and salt.  Mix well.

Beat in the flour until well blended.

Stir in chocolate chips and pretzel pieces.

Spread batter evenly in the pan and press down with a spatula.

Bake for 28 minutes until golden brown.  They will continue to set up as they cool.

Cool completely.

Share with friends and family.


These bars are actually better when they are cool.  I liked them even more the day after baking.  The flavor and texture of the pretzel come through better then when fresh out of the oven.

If you can wait that long!


Please check out my left sidebar for the great places I'll be linking to!

6 comments:

  1. I have also been making chocolate chip cookie bars for a long time, this addition of the pretzles sounds yummy, I will have to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the addition of the pretzels oh they would make the chocolate chips so yummy come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I love chocolate covered pretzels so this will taste amazing, I bet! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looked so yummy I tried it this afternoon. I was concerned however that yours didn't call for eggs and I had never seen cookie bars without eggs before so I looked up the recipe on the site you credited and sure enough, you inadvertantly left the 2 eggs off of your recipe. Hope this helps others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my son and I made these this morning they were scrummy thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! These sound wonderful! Thank you for sharing!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.