Monday, February 28, 2011

"Seeds of Summer" by Deborah Vogts


Seasons of the Tallgrass Book 2

Seeds of Summer (Seasons of the Tallgrass)

Book Description:

A heart-warming contemporary romance set in the Flint Hills of Kansas where a former rodeo queen abandons her dreams in order to care for her deceased father’s ranch and her two half-siblings, only to realize with the help of a young new pastor that God can turn even the most dire circumstances into seeds of hope.

Spanning the Seasons of the Tallgrass, each story in this series reveals the struggle of the people who live there and the dreams they have for the land until they come full-circle in a never-ending cycle, just as man comes full-circle in his understanding of God.

My Thoughts:


I liked this book even more than the first in the series.

I fell in love with the Adams family just as Jared does.  I also fell in love with the ranch.  This book reminds me a lot of a TV series I used to watch and loved called "McLeod's Daughters".

Natalie is really stand-offish at the beginning and thinks she can handle or at least try to handle everything that comes by all on her own.

As the story progresses she learns that she can learn to trust and depend on others to help her.

Jared is a preacher who falls in love with a non-Christian.  This was a very hard thing for him to deal with.  As he witnesses to Natalie and her family, Natalie slowly returns to the love she has as a little girl for God.

The whole "Rodeo Queen" aspect was interesting to learn about.

I'm greatly looking forward to the next book in the series, "Blades of Autumn".



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the review, Colletta. I'm glad you enjoyed the book! Blessings to you and to your readers.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.